Legal costs

IT.com

dibon

Is there anything like a benchmark for this? Do you think there could be a limit on how much a lawyer/attorney can demand from a business owner? Most enterprises shy away from this because of perceived 'high' costs of hiring a lawyer.

Dibon, I do not think that there is a benchmark for how much attorneys/lawyers can charge. Everyone is different and have different skill capability. However, a lot of organizations have in house lawyers who handle all of their business.

It is hard to place a limit or have a benchmark for lawyer costs but you may have noticed that legal entities are reducing costs in the prevailing market. It is normal to want to have a negotiated cost rather than rushing to a lawyer that is rigid. Again, if you are consulting a legal entity that has vast experience, it is possible that the demand may lead to higher costs.

The benchmark is whatever the market bears. To me, a great deal of the cost depends on which country the enterprise itself is based on and the country the enterprise wants to do business in. International attorneys charge the big bucks because the legal implications are complicated.

The legal profession looks to me like a free market where a lot of things go into serious consideration, before settling on a cost. In essence, costs vary from one jurisdiction to the other. It is a flourishing market with a lot of demand.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom