Leasing domains and other ways of earning

Parth

If you're holding onto a domain you've been unable to sell, why not try leasing it out? Or, let someone else set up the site and you split the affiliate and add profits. I'm surprised more of the high dollar domains don't lease instead of sell or set up some other scheme since it seems they could make more from the domain year after year.

JackD

Country flag
let someone else set up the site and you split the affiliate and add profits.
I have not been successful in finding anyone willing to setup the site and split affiliate and ad profits. Even offered to split the sale price (If sold) by 60% (them) and 40% (me). No takers. It seems everyone wants instant gratification today (paid up front).

dibon

That's a really good piece @Jeff and it is actually true that potential buyers always think that the amount a domain owner would be asking for is ridiculous. There are many factors that go into selling a domain and who more than the owner would actually know a domain's worth?

Nishith

Country flag
Very Nice Idea, But I doubt people will lease the name for the business! Because they might think what if the site will become super popular like Facebook & Google!! He will be nowhere if Domain Owner will do any mischief. Better buy it or use available.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Digital Pandit DNW Podcast: Domain leasing and selling domains Resources 0
Digital Pandit "Domain name leasing" focused marketplace launched by .CLUB New GTLDs 0
Digital Pandit Chris Zuiker on the Leasing.com Rebrand Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Trending domain name keywords: crypto, financing, leasing, lease, equipment Non-Indian Domains 0
DomainSherpa verything You Need to Know About Domain Name Leasing (Including Example Agreement) The Lounge 0
CyberKing Our first How To article : Domain Name Leasing Legal Issues and Dispute 0
the_poet Domain Leasing General Indian Domain Name Discussion 6
M.Y new lease of life for leasing Non-Indian Domains 5
Digital Pandit Kassey Lee on finding meaning in three number domains Resources 0
Digital Pandit Kassey Lee: 4 number domains aren’t just for trading between domain investors Resources 0
Digital Pandit English-based domains used by Chinese companies in recent news Resources 0
Digital Pandit DNW Podcast: Ron Jackson & Andrew Allemann review the market for .US domains Resources 0
Digital Pandit Robert Zeng apparently shares the same view on domains Resources 0
Digital Pandit Canadians have started to turn to .CA domains during the pandemic Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit The best of the best Chinese companies use short, English-based .com domains Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit 2-pin domains and why does it matter for domain investing? Resources 0
Digital Pandit Why is selling .org domains to Chinese entities full of problems? Resources 0
Digital Pandit KickStart Commerce Podcast: Leanne McMahon on finding success with outbounding domains Resources 0
Digital Pandit What is the importance of .cn domains to Chinese companies? Resources 0
Digital Pandit GoDaddy launches List for Sale service to sell unused domains Registrars 0
Digital Pandit There are companies using number-word domains, but be cautious Resources 0
Digital Pandit KickStart Commerce : Steven Tey on his journey from OneWord.Domains to Elegance.ai Resources 0
Digital Pandit DNW Podcast: Shane Cultra on reopening’s impact on domains Resources 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton on .eth domains Resources 0
Digital Pandit Unstoppable Domains will launch 8 new alt-root blockchain domains Registrars 0
Digital Pandit DNW Podcast: Domains and Crypto Resources 0
Digital Pandit Should companies acquire domains with alternative spellings? – Harbor.com, Color.com, and More Resources 0
Digital Pandit .Com is doing fine, but the number for other top level domains is falling New GTLDs 0
Digital Pandit Pipe Co-Founder: One Word Domains Are the Holy Grail Resources 0
Digital Pandit Unstoppable domains wants trademarks for .NFT, .Doge and others Registrars 0
Digital Pandit GoDaddy and Namecheap are the top most .com domains contributors Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Mike Mann sells 9 domains for $141,440 in April Non-Indian Domains 0
M LLL.in domains generator Resources 2
Digital Pandit Andrew Rosener on Future of Decentralized Web & Blockchain Domains Resources 0
Digital Pandit People are registering NFT domains in droves Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit “everyone is sitting on valuable domains, they just need the right timing for a big payday” Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit How I Evaluate and Buy Domains Everyday Resources 0
Digital Pandit Why Are Million Dollar Domains Used As Redirects? Resources 0
Digital Pandit From Hawking Airplane Headsets to Brokering Domains with Brooke Hernandez Resources 0
Digital Pandit Domains, Depression, and Redemption with Anita Walker Resources 0
Digital Pandit How I finally got the domains I won on SnapNames Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Liquid domains report: $17M in Escrow(.)com domain sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Domains vs Bitcoin: The Ultimate Challenge and Why Domains WIN and WIN BIG! Resources 0
Digital Pandit A bunch of emoji .y.at domains just sold for $30,000+ and I’m confused Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit BCG delves into the $2B secondary market for .com domains Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton: List of people to follow to learn more about Handshake domains Resources 0
Digital Pandit What does the popularity of Club House mean for .CLUB domains? New GTLDs 0
Digital Pandit List of ROTD Live Auction Domains Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Do DogeCoin domains hold promise? Resources 0
Digital Pandit KickStart Commerce Podcast: Mike Sallese on Riches in the FinTech Domains Resources 0