Leasing domains and other ways of earning

Discussion in 'Business and Economy' started by Parth, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Parth

Parth Member

If you're holding onto a domain you've been unable to sell, why not try leasing it out? Or, let someone else set up the site and you split the affiliate and add profits. I'm surprised more of the high dollar domains don't lease instead of sell or set up some other scheme since it seems they could make more from the domain year after year.

2. JackD

JackD United States Active Member

Home Page:
    I have not been successful in finding anyone willing to setup the site and split affiliate and ad profits. Even offered to split the sale price (If sold) by 60% (them) and 40% (me). No takers. It seems everyone wants instant gratification today (paid up front).

Parth likes this.
  3. Jeff
    • Staff / Moderator

Jeff Canada Administrator Staff Member

Parth likes this.
  4. dibon

dibon Kenya Member

That's a really good piece @Jeff and it is actually true that potential buyers always think that the amount a domain owner would be asking for is ridiculous. There are many factors that go into selling a domain and who more than the owner would actually know a domain's worth?

Parth likes this.
  5. Nishith

Nishith India Member

Very Nice Idea, But I doubt people will lease the name for the business! Because they might think what if the site will become super popular like Facebook & Google!! He will be nowhere if Domain Owner will do any mischief. Better buy it or use available.

Parth likes this.