Latest Mitsu Court Order

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
From March 15:

1. The learned counsel appearing for the parties state that both the parties have nominated their arbitrators and they have no objection if a presiding arbitrator is appointed by this Court. The learned counsel appearing for the parties further submit that the parties are also ready and willing for the arbitration to be conducted under the aegis of Delhi International Arbitration Centre (DIAC) and in accordance with its Rules.

2. In view of consensus between the parties, Mr Darpan Wadhwa, Senior Advocate, is appointed as the Presiding Arbitrator.

3. The Arbitration shall be conducted under the aegis of the DIAC and in accordance with its Rules.

4. The parties are directed to appear before Coordinator, DIAC on 16.03.2018 at 11:00 a.m.

5. The petition is disposed of in the above terms.

6. The hearing fixed on 09.05.2018 is cancelled.

7. It is directed that the order dated 15.01.2018 shall continue for a further period of 45 days from today. This is to enable the parties to approach the Arbitral Tribunal for such interim measures of protection as the parties are so advised.

8. It is clarified that any application moved by any of the parties for any relief shall be considered by the Arbitral Tribunal uninfluenced by the order passed by this Court.

Reading between the lines, it seems to me that the parties could not agree on who the third arbitrator was, so they asked the court to appoint the third arbitrator. Now the court has appointed the third arbitrator, and arbitration can proceed.

[this is just my guess, I don't know more than what is written]

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
angemon
Top Bottom