Laptop or Desktop

IT.com

Maverick

Which one do you use, a Laptop or a desktop for the day to day browsing. I have desktop in my room and a laptop for outside it :p

I use a desktop for day to day browsing, but soon it's time to upgrade and I'm considering a laptop. Any suggestions about what is good to get are appreciated!

I'm currently using both. My desktop is at home and my laptop is with me in the office. I only use my desktop at night. But if you'll ask me, laptop is more convenient to use especially if you're travelling.

When i am travelling or ouside my home, i always use my laptop otherwise i use desktop if possible. I feel much comfortable with my desktop.

Well I have both, Both have there benefits, But I am more comfortable with my desktop.Laptop solves all problems when I need to move out.

I use a desktop for day to day browsing, but soon it's time to upgrade and I'm considering a laptop. Any suggestions about what is good to get are appreciated!

Well, it really depends on what you want your laptop to be able to do. Like I have a Toshiba Satellite which was about 400 dollars but this is only because I'm doing basic web browsing and college papers on it. If you want to play games and stuff, you'll probably have to shell out 1k plus to get a computer capable of handling that.

Either way, for gaming, definitely get a desktop. They are cheaper in some cases with the same, if not more, processing power than a laptop.

I have both but a desktop for me is really the only way to go. Laptops usually are not as good and don't give you as much ability to customize, plus I hate not being able to use a mouse. Then again, I have a fully custom built PC with a huge flat-screen monitor and really nice speakers, I keep most of my parts top of the line so I can play all the latest games and everything. I don't often find laptops that are better than what I've got on my desktop, I do use my laptop if I need to be able to access the internet somewhere outside of my house, but usually nothing more.

I don't have a laptop yet, but I plan on getting one soon. Does anyone have any good suggestions on what I should look at?

I use a desktop and if I can afford it someday I will buy a laptop, they are much more mobile than desktops.

I use a desktop and if I can afford it someday I will buy a laptop, they are much more mobile than desktops.

I can understand wanting a laptop as a second computer to take on a trip or as an auxiliary to a desktop, but given the issues of battery charging, the wireless internet security issues, and the differences in CPU performance, why on Earth would you want to depend on a laptop as your main computer?

When I'm at home, I use my desktop over anything. I don't care to use my laptop that much, simply because its not comfortable to use for long periods of time. If I need internet on the go, I typically use my phone. Usually, the only time the laptop gets used it when I'm traveling.

I just upgraded my laptop and after a little research went with a Black Macbook. It's a great machine. Easy connectivity, rugged and small enough. Reasonably priced and you can find great deals on slightly used ones.
Also joined MobileMe for synchronicity between my iMac and iPhone. This allows me to ensure my contacts, emails and schedules are constantly up to date.
I am using my desktop a lot less at home because its so easy just to sit on the couch, deck, bed.... and surf ;)

Good luck.

PS I looked at the Airbook but I think the compromise is too great just to lose a few pounds and part of an inch.

Good to hear. I have been thinking about doing the same thing, but afraid to make the change after many, many years of PC use.

Desktops are more reliable in my view, and the easy upgradability too, but yeah, I have a laptop too which I use when I am out and on the move. But first choice is desktops.

I just have a desktop. I am planning to buy a laptop shortly as it has become a trend in my locality.:cool:

Which one do you use, a Laptop or a desktop for the day to day browsing. I have desktop in my room and a laptop for outside it :p
I do not know why but I prefer laptop. I consider them much more comfortable because I like to use the Internet in all rooms and for the outside. I have two HP laptops.

I have both, but i mostly use Desktop if you going out some where, laptop is the best option for travelling .

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom