Is Sedo Slowly Dying?

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
I have been following the Sedo domain name sales reports for years now. This week’s report was the smallest I have seen.

Sedo domain name sales have been on a steady decline for 3-4 years now but as this is going there will be no Sedo left within a year or two. At least not like it used to be.

The Sedo website and system hasn’t been updated for years, commissions have been raised (probably to keep the profit up while overall sales plummet), and frankly I wonder what domainers are still selling domain names at Sedo. Probably only some old clients that haven’t heard of new services or don’t bother changing platforms and maybe some domainers that want to have their domains listed at every platform available.

So here is a comparison from this week’s report and last year’s report of almost the same week:

Sedo’s Weekly Sales List 2015-06-22
545 domains
$1,6m (autism.rocks 2015-06-18 100.000 USD)
53% of total sales were the result of Buy Now listings.

.COMs: 140
ccTLDs: 48
OTHER: 30
Total: 218 (93 above $2,000)

Sedo’s Weekly Sales List 2016 06-20
492 domains
$1m
63% of total sales were the result of Buy Now listings.

.COMs: 43
ccTLDs: 12
OTHER: 4
Total: 59 (59 above $2,000)

You can instantly see that absolute value has dropped by half a million (if you take out autism.rocks that is not the norm), there are only 59 domains reported this year compared to 218 last year, sold domains are a bit down, and “buy now” listings are up.

Source

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom