Is it a good idea to register some simple words like the followings

OzDomainer

Hi Chrome,

This is just my opinion, but I do not think the names are of much value.

I always look at the numbers that are being searched on in Google.co.in and if the name has any commercial or business value in particular to end users.

Use Googles Keyword tool and select India and exact match in the settings.
https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

Here are some examples of names that I have and you will see what I am talking about

WaterPurifiers.in

SolarPanels.in

SolarWaterHeater.in

DigitalPhotoFrames.in

RapidPrototyping.in

They all relate to a product or service and are very easy to target for development and or sale to an end user or other domainers.

When the names are very broad like the ones you have listed it makes it much harder to do so.

Just my thoughts ;)

Regards

Ed Keay-Smith
OzDomainer.com

domainguy

Go for domains which have some 'commercial or business value'

eg : WaterPurifiers.in
SolarPanels.in
etc

These below don't make much sense:

bind.co.in
bend.co.in
bark.co.in
brow.in
bury.in

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
It's a good idea to try and picture what sort of a business you see buying the domain from you and what sort of a website would go on the domain.

With a domain like like WaterPurifiers.in, it's really obvious.

With a domain like Brow.in, it's not.

Simply being a one word English term doesn't make a domain valuable, particularly with .in.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Digital Pandit Entrepreneur with the best startup idea will win big in Pitch.Tech competition Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Flatten.ca: A great Domain + idea Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Uniregistry's unique domain sales idea: Missed connections! Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Out of the Box idea for Domain & Brand Exposure Resources 0
Digital Pandit Neustar and .Biz domains seems to like the idea of no price caps!! Registrars 0
E How a business idea on the blockchain can help you grow your business Webmaster Forum 2
domainking131 How to Validate Your Start-Up Idea Using Landing Pages Webmaster Forum 0
CyberKing WTF Idea To Tackle Scam Websites? More Red Tape General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
A Is it a bad idea to buy Hindi domain names now? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
F 188772.com, Idea-Bank.com, GotCo.com | NJ External Auctions 0
D Topic Idea Generator Webmaster Forum 0
S Web design Idea for Ecommerce site Webmaster Forum 2
domainking131 Newly funded startups and their domain names: Idea.com, DigitalAsset.com, Waldo.photos Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 The Donuts Story: From an idea to 1 million registrations New GTLDs 1
domainking131 New business idea- $5000 a month Resources 0
domainking131 Get a rough idea of your Domain's worth!! General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
DomainSherpa Rapid Prototyping to Test Your Business Idea for Free on Facebook – With Raj Beri The Lounge 0
ImageAuthors Landrusher.com & Landrushers.com ... Got an idea for the new GTLD Land Rush? Non-India Related Domains 0
DNJournal.com How Bill Karamouzis Plans to Change the World With a Big Idea and a Bold Domain Buy Non-Indian Domains 0
G Share with me your idea (important) General Indian Domain Name Discussion 8
O iam.in - any development idea? pls share :) General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
Digital Pandit Companies can’t register every domain that can be used to attack them Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit After a couple of weeks, you can register single-character domains under the Palestinian .ps. Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit DNW Tutorial on how to register and purchase a domain using GoDaddy API Resources 0
ramkumaritrvs .in @ ₹ 390 | .co.in @ ₹290 - Register, Renewal, Transfer - Unlimited General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
Digital Pandit You can register a .eu domain without being a EU resident but it has a catch Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Argentina allows its ccTLD registrants to register domains at the second level. Registrars 0
Digital Pandit 1.88 M unlcaimed domains float as Deadline to register “grandfathered” second-level .uk domains gone Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Iceland’s .Is domain is now easier to register New GTLDs 0
anquest .LLC @ $149.99 (~INR 10,100)/DN/Year, Currently in the SUNRISE Phase >> TM Holders Only May Register New GTLDs 0
coreyg Still Available .in to register - 3rd Feb - 8.15 PM UTC Available / Expiring Indian Domain Names 1
coreyg Still Available .in to register - 2nd Feb - 6.20 AM UTC Available / Expiring Indian Domain Names 0
coreyg Still Available .in to register - 31st Jan - 9.22 PM UTC Available / Expiring Indian Domain Names 0
Rob101 Can i register a slogan? Legal Issues and Dispute 8
domainking131 Domains NOT to register: StarWars.Academy New GTLDs 0
domainking131 This new top level domain name costs $30,000 per year to register New GTLDs 3
techno Your Register of the day (.in only) General Indian Domain Name Discussion 54
domainking131 10 new domain names you can register for $1.50 or less New GTLDs 0
domainking131 China denies any involvement in Cyber Attack on Register.com Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 You might not be able to register that .APP domain you were so keen about New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Register.com suspects Cyber attack Registrars 0
domainking131 Bulk register your .COM domains on GoDaddy for $4.5 each The Lounge 0
DomainSherpa Do Not Register Trademark-infringing Domain Names - With David Weslow The Lounge 0
C Looking for the guys who can help me to register new domain(With tutorials) Domains Wanted 1
C $4 each,register specified domains(include domain price) Domains Wanted 0
C $3.5 each,register specified domains(include domain price) Domains Wanted 1
the_poet "Why everyone should register a domain name" General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
R How to register domain General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
R HOSTPLANZ.COM dropped domain ready to register Non-Indian Domains 0
mrchris cricketacademies.com is available to register Non-Indian Domains 0