India to Rank #3 in Internet Users in 4 Years

IT.com

Ceres

Forecast: India's Internet Population in 2013

Forrester Research Inc has released a report which forecasts that by 2013, India will be third in terms of most Internet users.

Forrester predicts that by 2013, there will be 2.2 billion Internet users worldwide and that:

43 percent of that 2.2 billion will be based in Asia, with 17 percent in China alone.

According to Forrester Research, in 2008, the US was home to the most Internet users, followed by China, Japan, Brazil, and Germany, Business Journal reports.

But as compared to the past figures, in 2013, China will be in first place, followed by the US, India, Japan, and Brazil.
Thaindian.com has more information about this report.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to this research institute, the rate of growth of internet penetration will slow dramatically in the US and Europe, and increase dramatically in Asian countries, particularly China and Japan.

Forrester Research

Countries With The Most Internet Users: 2008

1. US
  2. China
  3. Japan
  4. Brazil
  5. Germany
Countries With The Most Internet Users: 2013

1. China
  2. US
  3. India
  4. Japan
  5. Brazil
This has to bode well for .in :)

Sorry Ceres, I hadn't seen your post about this. I've merged the two threads.

Useful info Ceres. Thanks.

By the said period, when it comes to internet users browsing content in English language, I thought US and India would be the Top 2.

Interesting projections. I wonder, if India surpasses Germany in the total number of internet users by 2013, it may not be too far fetched to imagine that .in may mimic or excede the types of sales that .de is currently enjoying...

Furthermore, one could imagine a 2nd boom in the domaining industry by 2013 as Im almost certain that the World will be well out of recession by then...

It will interesting to see how this turns out...

India has more than 1 Billion people.

India has More than 350+ Million Middle Class People

All English Medium Schools (Secondary Education) have Internet/Computer Program as an Must Activity in Schools. And parents pay INR 350/- per month or quarterly for this activity alone.

There is an new trend going on since last 5 years.
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS
yes, these international schools charge between INR 1K to 3K per month for each student and these international schools have special computer curriculum.

As am running out of time, will post more about India & Internet in separate thread.

Either you register/buy/purchase .IN domains from other domain sellers or auctions or just wait to regret it after 3 or 5 years.

Remember, all successful Domainer has said it.
I regret not registering more domains back in 90s.

BEST OF LUCK!

Interesting projections. I wonder, if India surpasses Germany in the total number of internet users by 2013, it may not be too far fetched to imagine that .in may mimic or excede the types of sales that .de is currently enjoying...

Furthermore, one could imagine a 2nd boom in the domaining industry by 2013 as Im almost certain that the World will be well out of recession by then...

It will interesting to see how this turns out...

Well nighthawk, I thought the discussion thread here is about the number of Internet Users, and not about the number of sales of .de. Will definitely appreciate and agree with your point that there has been a considerable sales of .de of late.

In my opinion, when it comes to the next 4 - 5 years, .in sales could well surpass the sales of .de - hands down!

As regards the ranking of the top internet users (again, in 4 years), well, the entire population of Germany is about a fourth of India's middle-class (while India's middle-class is about a third of its total population)!

My reference to .de sales was to demonstrate how lucrative a CCTLD can be in a country with high number of native internet users, I think its quite obvious that this forum and thread are discussing the .in domain...:rolleyes:

In any event, I've witnessed first hand how instrumental computer use has become over my trips to the Indian subcontinent over the last 10 years. As long as there is no unforeseen happenstance (i.e. the indian government continues to wrestle with degrees of corruption and nepotism), I think the value of .in domains can only increase.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do believe with all the greatest LLL.in and 1 word *.in will be a huge investment until 2013 and great return for profit.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom