.IN: The Sleeping Tiger?

IT.com
I have been in this game for a little while and invest in many other asset classes but I feel that the .IN domainspace holds the most mid-term potential.

We all take chances and make 'educated' guesses when we investment our heard-earned dollars and in my estimation .IN has many of the characteristics of a sleeper which should rise to prominence in the next 2-5 years. There are many reasons why this should be true but reality is never as we imagine.
I am sure many others on this forum feel the same way.

The reason I bring this up now is that there are incredible opportunities to buy into the .IN dream - I see double and triple premium LLL.IN selling at amazing prices. This seems to me to be a great opportunity for new investors to buy low but..... don't jump in if you are not comfortable holding and paying reg fees for at least 5 years.

Good Luck

Hi Domainlobe, happy to hear your views. I still am not too convinced about LLL's and what are premiums and why. Can you please shed some light on the same?

Cheers.

I think the definition of 'premium' depends upon one's point of reference.

For me premium LLL are:
1) words, I suppose in any common language
2) common letters used in anglo-centric businesses such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T
3) triple-repeats

As an aside though, certainly not all of the LLL names I have sold to businesses fit into my definition of premium.

I would be interested in the views of others

I think the definition of 'premium' depends upon one's point of reference.

For me premium LLL are:
1) words, I suppose in any common language
2) common letters used in anglo-centric businesses such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T
3) triple-repeats

As an aside though, certainly not all of the LLL names I have sold to businesses fit into my definition of premium.

I would be interested in the views of others

DomainLobe, thanks for the info. It's important that we learn to distinguish between premium letters and non premium letters.

A few months ago I learned that Q isn't a premium letter. How did I find out? My son and I were at a shopping centre looking for shop signs with various letters of the alphabet on them. It took us forever to find a sign with the letter "Q" on it - we nearly gave up. ;)

Hi Domainlobe, happy to hear your views. I still am not too convinced about LLL's and what are premiums and why. Can you please shed some light on the same?

Cheers.

Yes, the question of how valuable certain LLLs are is quite perplexing..FOr me, premium would also mean how many meaningful acronyms does it have? For example, "ccc" has alot more meaningful acronyms than "cqm".As for not being convinced about the possibilities of LLL.ins, just remember this: If an extension booms and becomes major, or sizeable(in the world), its LLLs usually appreciate in value. If you think .in will grow, and command better prices, then its LLLs will also do well, and hence, the aftermarket "activity" of LLL.ins on forums..

Thanks Domainlobe. Very interesting post indeed. Just thought of sharing the followling link.

List of countries by English-speaking population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The reasons why .in could be the Sleeping Tiger could be many. I thought one of the key reasons could be that sooner if not later, the number of people speaking english in India will out-number the US.

The government of India too, is keen to penetrate broadband access to rural india where there are a sizable number of english speaking population. In 3 to 5 years from now, these initiatives can have an indirect positive impact on .in. The following link throws more light on it.

BSNL plans for broadband in rural India

Thanks

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom