How often to send marketing emails?

Roshni

I've kind of got my mailing list together and my site's doing OK on traffic and sign ups, but how do I turn the list into money? How often can I send marketing emails and what sort of content works? Should I keep it as an article or just make it an advert to buy something I've discussed on the site?

Saki

I think that you have to be very careful with mailing lists. You can't send articles that seem spammy and only have a bunch of buy links in it because then people will unsubscribe. I think that maybe one at the beginning of the week or one every two weeks should be fine.

Foroux

You should send them as often as you have something valuable to say. I would make it easy to unsubscribe though. I like the newsletters that ask how often you want to receive information and what you're most interested in. That will help you avoid getting labeled as spam and will help you better promote the products your customers will actually want to buy.

Kimla

You should send them as often as you have something valuable to say. I would make it easy to unsubscribe though. I like the newsletters that ask how often you want to receive information and what you're most interested in. That will help you avoid getting labeled as spam and will help you better promote the products your customers will actually want to buy.
I agree. If you are sharing good and relevant information you shouldn't worry too much about over emailing. However, I'd advise against sending frequent, irrelevant emails.

marsh

I agree with you @Foroux that subscribing should always be made easy. Again, you don't always want to keep sending marketing emails since potential customers may assume you are only interested in their money. I have unsubscribed from a lot of such newsletters.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan Pay Imbalance reversal: GoDaddy girls often get paid more than men Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton's Two Cents: Too often people confuse domain age with domain value General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
Prashant Sharan Send Email: Let's oppose the .BIZ price increase Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Registrars to send out more Whois accuracy emails Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Create an SPF record to show that your domain does NOT send email Resources 0
Irfan Shafi sample letter that i send to the end users General Indian Domain Name Discussion 5
P Domains for Sale - Send Best Offers via PM Non-India Related Domains 0
C 6 Domains For Sale | Send Your Offers for any of these For Sale 0
P Domain names .in for sale send in offers please For Sale 1
domainking131 Tips to send better emails Resources 2
anquest LSIP.IN Sells For $9,600 | Send.IN EUR (appx. US$1,253) | SEDO.com Weekly Sales List General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
S brahminmatrimony.in - send offer For Sale 0
S 2 domains for sale, send your offers For Sale 0
ebiz4india .IN Sale, send your best offers For Sale 2
C send money to India for domains General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
P Registering with SEDO, did you have to send the form? Non-Indian Domains 4
Ceres Get Ready to Send SMSs in 22 Indian Languages! The Lounge 4
B Best .in domains for Sale, send your offers For Sale 0
I Send these .IN domains to Sedo Auctions External Auctions 1
B Hi Quality .in Domains for sale , send your best offers asap For Sale 1
G Looking to send NER.in to sedo General Indian Domain Name Discussion 6
Prashant Sharan Marketing Domains in the midst of the Covid-19 Pandemic by Namrata Arya Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver's smart marketing encounter Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Tucows seeks Sr. Product Marketing Manager – Domains Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Donuts seeks Senior Director, Marketing Innovation Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Afilias is marketing its .vote domains amidst this vote-by-mail controversy Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !! : Harman Singh on profitable domain investing using digital marketing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Godaddy Websites + Marketing hits the bull's eye Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Reflex Marketing loses UDRP, files a lawsuit Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan New kid on the block: GoDaddy's "Websites + Marketing" Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Australian integrated marketing campaign for .CO domain names won two Summit International Awards Non-Indian Domains 0
D Need marketing and SEO tips? Try SEObook. Resources 2
J Offline vs Online Marketing Way Marketing Your Website 0
JulienJ Outbound Marketing For Your Domain Business – Does It Even Make Sense? The Lounge 0
JulienJ DealerX auto marketing company is a reverse domain name hijacker Legal Issues and Dispute 0
J Difference between marketing & selling Marketing Your Website 2
domainking131 .London domain name to get a big marketing boost New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Smart geo TLD marketing by .NYC New GTLDs 0
Mikhaela Marketing Tips Marketing Your Website 7
Parth Marketing Through Free Classes? Marketing Your Website 0
domainking131 The Untapped Online Marketing Asset You Might Not Be Aware of Resources 1
Mikhaela Marketing yourself. Marketing Your Website 8
Saki Free Marketing Marketing Your Website 2
Britney Social media marketing plan Marketing Your Website 7
Geordy Offline marketing works? Marketing Your Website 7
Britney Unique ways of marketing website Marketing Your Website 8
Dusart Marketing with a budget Marketing Your Website 4
marsh Network marketing The Lounge 5
K Guerrilla Marketing Ideas Marketing Your Website 4
Simone No time and little money for marketing Marketing Your Website 0