How many Internet Users in India ?

IT.com
This is interesting article to read as this is always debatable issue that in reality How many internet users are in India ?

Estimations are always made by peoples residing in cities and in rural area where majority of Indian populations resides have less penetration of Internet.

Article is here

Great article. I hadn't realised that there was so much doubt about this issue.

In any event, as they say, the trend is your friend, and the trend is for greatly increased internet usage.

Interesting, I would like to add that personally I believe the real impact is "How many have access to High Speed Broadband Internet" and that number is much lower, closer to 20 million. From what I know most people don't have data plans (3g) because it is expensive. I like this website for stats
Asia Internet Usage Stats Facebook and Population Statistics

The trajectory is upward and that is the future.

There is a large population here in the US who still don't have access to Broadband Internet (believe almost 80 million approx), because its expensive.

"One segment of the market that continued to puzzle the observer – and the government – is broadband Internet. Despite the obvious enthusiasm for Internet access to be found across the country, India’s move into high-speed broadband Internet has been noticeably sluggish. The TRAI in describing the situation in 2010 noted that ‘... the performance so far has not been up to the expectations’. The regulator’s reference point was the targets set in the government’s National Broadband Policy issued in 2004, with growth falling well short of these targets. By 2011 broadband Internet penetration in India was still a low 1%, with these broadband services accounting for about 65% of the total Internet subscriber base. In other words, coming into 2011 there were less than 12 million broadband subscribers in a country of 1.2 billion people. In the meantime, somewhat paradoxically, the overall level of Internet usage seems to be growing strongly, perhaps boosted by the widespread use of Internet cafes and other points of public online access. There were in excess of an estimated 70 million Internet users throughout the country by January 2011, this representing a penetration of almost 6%."
https://www.budde.com.au/Research/India-Telecoms-Mobile-Broadband-and-Forecasts.html?r=51

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom