Hover.in: Non-intrusive in-text advertising?

IT.com

Ceres

Has anyone tried in-text advertising? From what I understand, a lot of people find the pop-up widgets intrusive and annoying.

I just read about Hover.in which claims to offer a less intrusive form of in-text advertising for website owners. You can check out the demo page.

Till date, in-text technology has been primarily used only to display contextual ads –mostly automated- without any publisher control. However, with hover.in, publishers can create and customize the content appearing within the hover bubble (hoverlet).

Hover.in goes even further allowing the publisher to change the look and feel of the hoverlet as per the theme of the website/ blog.

Hover.in is currently in beta, but you can still sign up for an account. I also came across an interview of the founders Arun Prabhudesai and Bhasker V. Kode here.

What do you think of in-text advertising? Whenever I come across in-text ads, I tend to find them a bit annoying, but I get over it by not hovering over any of the links :D.

It would be interesting to learn if people do actually find in-text ads via Hover.in less intrusive. I think it's good to experiment with your websites to see what works and what doesn't work.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom