Have you received more or less unsolicited offers during the last year?

IT.com

the_poet

Country flag
Not sure if it's just me, but it seems that unsolicited offers on my .INs have declined in 2013 compared to previous years. Also, Sedo's weekly lists used to contain more .IN sales in the past.

What's your opinion?

More offers for me but that's due to a couple of good domains acquired this year that have received multiple enquiries. On the whole it has seemed to be a quieter year if you refer to reported sales though

Big drop for me too, across the board, not just for .in domains, but the decline for .in domains has been particularly large.

Its been a slower year for .com's, don't get much request for .in's usually. We still have 2 more months to go, sometimes things pick up towards end of the year.

This is my trend of this year:

* Very few inquiries to buy names
* The few I got, made most of it, and sold more names than 2012
* Advertising Revenue was up, for some reason.
* Most of the inquiries were from outside India

I think that the lack of inquiries is due to the economic, political turmoil going on India at the moment. The current govt (UPA) that has been running India for the last two terms have a very good chance of losing. If the opposition comes to power (BJP) in 2014, you could definitely see an upward trend in inquiries.

This is my gut feeling, and I'm optimistic that things improve, but difficult to predict the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
.IN is stumbling, I am only getting offers for names that are live and developed with some traffic, nothing coming from my parked and non-developed names!

Decent TRAFFIC is the only thing that is going to get people interested, this is INDIA and not USA or .com extension guys! Indians want value for money, so therefore they WANT traffic WITH the name!!

Overall, i am getting less offers this year than last year, and i expected more this year.

But iwasgetting offers earlier this year till July or August and the inquiries just stopped.

.IN sales are obviously slow right now, but it cant stay that way for much longer.

For now, my best advice is wait, wait, wait. It has GOT TO blow at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
When people with great powers learn to respect the rights of domain investors, only then will conditions improve.

Have got like 4 or 5 big sales in 2011~2012 but nothing(not more than low $xxx for single domain) in the yr of 2013. Here am talking about .coms never got my hands into .ins Just started to work with them in last couple of months.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
uttampolyrubs
Top Bottom