Spam Issue - by Registry - Warning Received

IT.com

domainpundit

Country flag
Hi Friends,

I have recently registered few names and purchased few names on forums from fellow senior domainers.. at least 20 of these names are flagged as spam domains . Those names are with me for a week time before getting a spam warning and infact they are registered two weeks back before I am receiving this warning. There is no way one can involve in spam such a short time and I have clearly informed the dynadot that I have not involved and happy to provide any evidence they need from me to get this issue resolved. After almost 3 months the issue has not resolved.

Dynadot keep asking me to share the evidence that I have not involved in any SPAM . My question to Dynadot is what kind of evidence they are looking from me? Unfortunately they have no answer for the same question. Other hand, they can always verify in the registry database to know the dates when the domains got involved in spam. without providing any evidence that these domains are put on "HOLD" . DYNADOT support is extremely good most of the times, unfortunately this particular occasion they are least supportive in getting my names back to active status. I have also hinted them possibly these domains were involved before they getting dropped and hence I cant be penalized for previous owners mistake.

Please note some of these domains were parked and few of these domains are not parked at all. Any of you have encountered the similar issue earlier and if so "how you have overcome the same?".

Created On:20-Sep-2013 20:00:11 UTC
Last Updated On:03-Jan-2014 11:07:16 UTC
Expiration Date:20-Sep-2014 20:00:11 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Dynadot LLC (R117-AFIN)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is surprising that issue is pending since last three month , you should direclt contact registry on this issue, infact it is duty of your registrar to tackle the issue with registry and get them clear from the registry by providing all possible technical details ? Putting domain name on HOLD is very serious issue even during the INDRP process domain name never kept on HOLD status ? If you need any help PM us no matter you are our our client or not ?

We want to mention instance of last week one of our old time client called us that he received notice from one of the leading registrar to provide the following for his newly registered domain name :

1. Purpose of registration ?

2. ID proof of Registrant ?

3. Organization Proof ?

We are shocked to see the question 1 ? it was never part of registry to ask such question and the concern registrar was not providing proper reply to the registrant that what registry exactly want from us and why ? It is registrant duty to know why this information is required by the registry ? But till date no reply came from registrar and they simply put three important domain name on HOLD , Ultimately he decided to transfer all his domain name to us, At least we share the information with registrant and if required we fight for our registrant with registry as registrar is close to registry not the registrant and it is registrar's duty to safeguard the interest of the registrant .

Thanks Mitsu for all your great support in helping me on this one. Looking forward to get my names back to active status.

All, will update once this issue is fully resolved.

Please also see my post on this yesterday/today on this issue - the registrar supposed to work with google on this - the documents asked for are not required...and are not due part of the process. It is the who is history and timeline of ownership that matters..also we learnt that zero click program with parking platforms (all of them default opt in) can be a major issue...

Please also see my post on this yesterday/today on this issue - the registrar supposed to work with google on this - the documents asked for are not required...and are not due part of the process. It is the who is history and timeline of ownership that matters..also we learnt that zero click program with parking platforms (all of them default opt in) can be a major issue...

I have read your post in detail , I suggest not to declare a war with Mitsu. Sanjeev is helping me to get my names back even they are at a different registrar. In the best interests of your investments and specially your domain portfolio. I will sincerely suggest to closely work with Mitsu/Sanjeev and get your issue resolved. In my case , my current registrar has no clue and not supporting too , trust me they are the best registrar in every aspect .. unfortunately this particular issue , for some reasons they are not much helpful to me..

Overall , I have been badly hurt the way things are turning out this SPAM issue. In last one week, I have been contacted by at least 6 to 7 domainers and has expressed they are going through the same issue to.

I dont think zero click is causing the issue alone , possibly its one of the reasons. Few of my names are never parked from my side, hence I wont see "zero" click as the reason. Most of my names are recently registered and dropped by the previous portfolio owners. I have received with in a week to two weeks from the drop time.. I suspect these names might have been used by previous owners.. In my case, I am ready to share any proofs or documents to prove to registry I am legitimate domain investor ..I have been waiting for 4 months .. look at the pathetic situation, still I am patient and working in dealing the situation amicably working closely with all the stakeholders... I suggest you to wait to get your names back, work closely with Sanjeev.

cheers

Thanks appreciate your perspective, I do not disagree about going to war and that is not our intent. However FACT IS they (Mitsu) should have NOT taken the extreme step of locking us out in a matter of minutes - Locked out of a 1200 name account /investment how will you feel? They also changed our ns without permission and controlled an account with cash balance without due process . It was an issue with 2-4 names max not all names as .IN Registry pointed out.

Intent was to protect ourselves, be informed and ask with opinion from other Domainers - so far they have still locked us out from the account and also changed our nameservers...

The SEDO clarification is key in our case and timelines of who is should make it clear we were not owners at the time of incidents.

Let me know if I can help or we can band together in the future to sort out such problems..

Have you dug deeper into who MITSU.IN is beyond just Sanjeev?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, do not disagree however they (Mitsu) should have NOT taken the extreme step of locking us out of 1200 name account . changing our ns without permission and an account with cash balance without due process and it is an issue with 2-4 names max not all names as .IN Registry pointed out.

Intent was to protect ourselves , be informed and ask with opinion from other Domainers - so far they have still locked us out from the account and also changed our nameservers...

The SEDO clarification is key in our case and timelines of who is should make it clear we were not owners at the time of incidents.

I can understand the situation , its a kind panic state.. My account got suspended earlier for few security reasons, I have worked closely with mitsu technical staff to resolve the same.

its a panic state if the account at registar locks out, I can imagine the same based on previous experiences. At the same time at least I will allow registrar at least a day to respond back "Why they have performed such actions and understand the reasons and iron out the differences if any in private to close the issue", All I want is every one in investing in .ins to be prosperous and happy , in short achieving their ambitions in right way. I sincerely suggest you to put out the differences a side and work closely with Mitsu/Sanjeev. Just trust mitsu and work on the same, if its not resolved in let say in next 2 to 3 days to restore your account.. you can always raise your voice on this forum .. You always get the support from like minded investors.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom