Google is Dominant Player in India

IT.com

Ceres

An article in the New York Times talks about Google's dominance of the Internet in both India and Brazil:

In those countries, for every hour people spend online, about 18 minutes are on a Google service.

To be precise, Google accounts for nearly 30 percent of people’s online minutes in Brazil and nearly 29 percent in India. The next country in terms of Google’s dominance is Ireland, where it accounts for 16 percent of online minutes.

The global average is 9.4 percent, or slightly higher than in the United States.
Google was one of the first search engines on the scene when the Indian market was developing. This gives them an added advantage.

Another reason why Google does well in in India is because Orkut is successful there (unlike in many other countries).

In India, Google captures:

- 88% of searches
- 64% of maps
- 8% of blogs
- nearly 50% of email market (in the US, it is only 6.4%)

So which of Google's services did you use today? (I used Google's search engine plus Gmail). ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I worry about Google being too powerful and try to use their services as little as possible.

That being said, I love their Adwords External tool and use it every day.

Other than search, there are other less intrusive services available.

Last edited by a moderator:

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom