fotolog.in

IT.com

skyshipper

Country flag
hi everyone,
thought i got two good .in's give it some ops
fotolog.in (yeah same fotolog,no typo)
zshare.in-getting traffic straightaway!..
what should i be looking at,..develop/resell ...views please..
also a .com parrotfeed.com!! (it is cosmo domain i guess)
yeah am waiting in front of the movie with my doms ,give me a good idea where i should place them in pvr del

The domain is nice, but unluckily you're in LEGAL trouble my friend!
the original domain fotolog.com has 3 Trademark Patients! due to this you can even end up loosing your domain to the guy who owns the Trademark of the fotolog.com domain in an ICANN DISPUTE!
so you must try to find someone who doesnt know about Trademarks & Copyrights and flip this as fast as possible at any price!

One tip/trick from me to escape the trademark issue would be change the niche of the website that is running on the domain fotolog.in to not be an image selling service but something else like photo album service or rapidshare clone or a blog or something else and have a website design which is not similar even from a any angle to the service running on the main fotolog.com this way if you're approached by fotolog.com owners as pretending to violate their TM then you can easily win the ICANN dispute as your site is running a totally different website/service on it! so you can save yourself and your domain!

But be careful, from next time and do not buy, do not park Trademark Domains unless:
1>you have lots of money to waste
2>you can challenge Trademarks in any LEGAL battles and
3>you know what you are doing! ;)

hope you find my advice useful!

regards,
Abhishek

Last edited by a moderator:
Fotolog is a very obvious trademark, and the best thing to do is to drop it than to dupe someone who is unaware. Even I had registered trademarks and we learn from them and just move on.

Well I wasn't aware of these issues. Thanks for sharing!

BTW does it mean that If I own abc.com and register it as my trademark, no one can buy/use abc.in or abc... with any other extension?

In past I too have done similar stuff but never got in trouble.

Well I wasn't aware of these issues. Thanks for sharing!

BTW does it mean that If I own abc.com and register it as my trademark, no one can buy/use abc.in or abc... with any other extension?

In past I too have done similar stuff but never got in trouble.

hello,
actually ICANN is based mainly in the US so, any company having a US Trademark can file a dispute with ICANN if somebody else(a typosquatter or domaining evil's for suppose) buys their domains which are containing the name of the US company which has a Trademark but the bad guy got the domain before the Trademark Holding company buys that domain to find that the other guy has already got its domain name registered or if the bad guy buys a name which contains a typosquatted domain name of the original company's developed website and the company has a Trademark beforehand then the owner's of the Trademark will file a lawsuit in the US court and the ICANN has to obey the court's order and transfer the typosquatted or main company's trademark-owned domain to the owners of the trademark.
many a times typosquatters and other people get away with trademarked domains but they get caught sometimes too.
here is a few examples about how to avoid trademark issues:
a>A company registered jewellery.com or flowers.com and got a US Trademark, another guy got jewellery.in, now if the owner of jewellery.com files a lawsuit against the owner of jewellery.in they will not win because things like jewellery, flowers, food, tv, cd, movies or names of people cannot be claimed by any 1 company as many other people worldwide like in india, russia could have a jewellery or flower shop, so filing a trademark lawsuit in this case wouldnt help the owners or jewellery.com
b>Lets say mcdonalds already owns mcdonalds.com and adobe already owns adobe.com and somebody who doesnt own that company had registered mcdonalds.in, mcdonalds.cn or adobe.in, adobe.cn would surely be loosing their domain's in a LEGAL Trademark dispute because its words like mcdonalds and adobe arent used in native language of china and india as it was with flowers.in and jewellery.in and these two US companies(mcdonalds and adobe) holding the trademark are MNC's(Multinational Company's) and they will have their units/offices in India and China too, so its obvious that since one adobe and one mcdonalds exists already in the the nation's company's registrar's list of India and China so any attempt to make a second mcdonalds or adobe would be a definite attempt to mislead the consumers of the original mcdonalds and adobe in the same country so its considered a violation of Trademark and Company name in the same country. so be careful of MNC's specially all companies who may not be an mnc also! but are holding a Trademark.

now i hope you got my point clearly.. trademark issues dont work with domains like chocolates, pencils, flowers, jewelery, abhishekjha, jeff, ceres etc but if you make a second microsoft, ibm, adobe etc with the same niche/products then you're inviting trouble my friend! ;)

yea and one more thing! dont ask me so many things, my advice is free but i may start charging $$$/post for it very soon! coz times are tough and not for giving all of free stuff.. i believe! ;)

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gname
Top Bottom