Fake pr

descorpio

I found out so many domains with PR1 and PR2. But immediately after buying them, i could see that there are no PR for them. how is this possible. I checked it with google toolbar. But late i was found to have been cheated. How can we avoid such situations?

Nomad

You can check Pageranks using some of the online tools. They tell you the actual pageranks of the domain. You can use them to see the pagerank as well as they tell whether it is valid or not.
Here are two sites that you can use. Site one , site two

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Also, even if the domain's pagerank is legitimate, a lot of expired domains lose their pagerank pretty quickly.

nikko

What happens is users point these domain names to realy PR websites, like I have a PR4 and point a few domain there for traffic and google gives them a PR4 just beause they are cloaking the website. Us dnscoop.com it will tell you if it has a valid pr for or not before you buy.

Postman

Also, even if the domain's pagerank is legitimate, a lot of expired domains lose their pagerank pretty quickly.

This is the reason why I am seeing such that is said to have a page rank of 4 but when I check it on a page rank checker. It only said pr 1. Now, I understand.

How can I maintain my domain?s page rank even if I?m not using it?

nikko

to maintain your PR rank you have to develop the site.. Your site has to have some kind of content for google to index. if you park the site google will notice a one page with no links or information resulting in a drastic decline in PR rank. So you basically need more content and backlinks.

Nomad

Yea Frankly you need to focus on Content, and if you have some niche content then it would and you no longer use it, then its more probable that its PR would die out slowly.

cogbuddy

How people build up fake PR? I am very much eager to know that. In what way it will help because google will update the PR every month and if its fake, they will lose the PR. So it will be temporarily only for about one month time.

Ceres

Hi cobuddy, You can find an explanation of how people fake PR at: Fake PR - Faking Pagerank :

Sites fake PR by looking for the Googlebot, then redirecting it to a high PR site, like Yahoo.com. Google sees that users actually land on Yahoo.com and the PR Bar in turn reflects the PR of the Yahoo.com rather than your site.
My guess is that the reason these people fake the PR is because others will then pay a higher price for the domain/website. Hope this helps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan Escrow.com Report: Fake Websites for Coronavirus masks are scamming organizations out of Millions Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Fox News files a lawsuit to do away with Fake News sites Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Edmonton Police gets hold of three Canadian domain due to a fake job scam Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Magento eCommerce sites face problems due to fake Google domains Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Facebook's crackdown on fake cryptocurrency domains Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Beware of a new fake android app called “GoDaddy Dashboard : Website, Domain Name, Email” Resources 0
Prashant Sharan “Fake domain WHOIS” claims power MPA piracy cases in India General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
JulienJ Fake token presale at Sale-Orchid.com dupes people looking for Orchid.com Cryptocurrencies 0
JulienJ GoDaddy has no Android App and people on Google Play think the “GoDaddy Investor” app is fake! The Lounge 0
JulienJ Does the Domain Industry Suffer From Own Versions of Trumpted “Fake News” Stories? The Lounge 0
Jeff Pune Police Arrest Fake Website Creators General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
domainking131 Fake Story on New gTLD Domain, Bloomberg.Market Sends Twitter Shares Up Over 5% New GTLDs 0
Rajat Where to report for fake who is data provided for a domain? Legal Issues and Dispute 14
Ceres Fake website for Patna High Court The Lounge 0
Ceres Fake University Website Taken Down? Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Ceres Zoho's Entertaining Response to Microsoft's 'Fake Office' Comment The Lounge 0
Ceres Hackers' Latest Trick: Fake Parking Tickets The Lounge 3
Ceres Fake Google Job Offers The Lounge 5
Ceres Fake Antispyware Purveyor Doubles as Domain Registrar General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThurmanKes
Top Bottom