Facebook, Twitter and D.T. (T-Mobile) buy 1-letters

Recent publishing of whois records after the .ie 1 and 2 letter domains release in Ireland show that 3 internet and communications giants - Facebook, Twitter and Deutsche Telekom (the owner of T-Mobile) have registered 1-character short domains.

In case of Twitter the domains might be used similar to already owned t.co . What could be the plans of the other companies? Will Facebook use it for some new internet service?
And how might this buys affect the short domains market?

Read more about and see the latest 1-letter sales list here: http://1-single-letter-domains.com/news/news1/?r=_i1letters_ie

Somebody made a full Chinese language translation of our article!!! :)
The 1-character domains are now quite trendy in China. For all those who like that better:

http://europe.tw/community/threads/whois紀錄顯示facebook、twitter以及德國電信於上個月購買了單字母域名.8035/

Neat, 1 letter domains are gaining exposure towards the huge chinese traffic. And I underestimated the power of 1 letter domain names at first. Seems to be quite relevant to even make those social media titans register with only one letter. I think they have an ongoing business plan for those domain names, instead of hoarding them to cripple that market. They are very well known for their outgoing entrepeneurism.

I suppose the value might grow jet since especially the shortest format domains - C.LL - still are limited to countries so their number is very low, between 1500-2800 globally , I would say 1800 on my calculations are really market released.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
techno Ecrew.in(Mobile Friendly) Wallpaper Site + Cover Maker Facebook Cover + Twitter Cover + Google Cover Websites 4
indy Indian ISP Blocks Wordpress, Facebook, Twitter & over 300 websites General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
Prashant Sharan Facebook can enter the retail registrar business? Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Facebook and Google are behaving like the Federal Reserve with their ad credits Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Facebook gets Novi.com - couldn't get CatchUp.com Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan JOB OPPORTUNITY : Facebook seeks Manager for Domains & DNS Resources Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Facebook registers around 500 CV / COVID Domains Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Facebook will go to court against more registrars for cybersquatting Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Facebook's crackdown on fake cryptocurrency domains Registrars 0
Foroux Facebook changes hurting business? Business and Economy 5
JulienJ If You Didn’t Already Know, Facebook.com Was Sold for Just $200,000 in 2005 Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ The Politics of Facebook: Zuckerberg to Testify Before Congressional Lawmakers The Lounge 0
H HipHopVirtualMachine.com Facebook Open Source project. Non-India Related Domains 0
Irfan Shafi ShoutScoop.com + 55k facebook followers Websites 4
domainking131 Facebook files 101 domain name UDRP Legal Issues and Dispute 1
domainking131 Facebook Acquires GameRoom.com Domain Name Non-Indian Domains 1
domainking131 Facebook bought the domain Work.Place for $50,000+ New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Facebook registers domain names for WorkPlace service Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Facebook hires Google Fibre co-founder for Internet projects The Lounge 0
domainking131 Facebook's Dark Web .Onion Site Reaches 1 Million Monthly Tor Users New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Facebook Refuses To Take Domain Back from Registrant The Lounge 0
domainking131 Facebook transfers Instagram.com to its new registrar Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Facebook bought a registrar Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Facebook toying with the $50 billion hyperlocal services market, launches Facebook Services The Lounge 0
domainking131 Facebook Launches M.Me Messenger Links Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Facebook wins facebookghana.com & fracebook.com Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Facebook Surpasses Google as top Referrer for Digital Publishers Webmaster Forum 2
domainking131 Go Daddy advertising privacy petition on Facebook Registrars 2
D goatourism.co.in + Facebook Page Websites 2
domainking131 Hackers try to hijack Facebook and other high profile domains Non-Indian Domains 0
CyberKing India to add 300 million internet users by 2018: Facebook study The Lounge 0
CyberKing Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg to visit India on October 9; The Lounge 0
R Whatsupp Sold to Facebook in 16 Billion The Lounge 2
DomainSherpa Rapid Prototyping to Test Your Business Idea for Free on Facebook – With Raj Beri The Lounge 0
D Interesting - Facebook and Facelifts The Lounge 1
the_poet Infographic shared on Facebook General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
Jeff Opinions on Facebook IPO The Lounge 6
indy inforum.in facebook page The Lounge 3
domainhouse $50 Facebook Ad Credits for sale For Sale / Advertising 0
Ceres Watch live broadcast of My Name is Khan via Facebook The Lounge 1
Ceres Facebook Contest for Indian Developers The Lounge 1
indy Facebook Usernames are now live - Register yours before its gone The Lounge 6
Ceres Facebook available in Hindi, Punjabi, and other languages The Lounge 1
indy Dekho.in - Desi Facebook Indian Websites and Start-ups 6
Ceres Marketing via Facebook Webmaster Forum 0
Ceres You've Been Served...via Facebook The Lounge 2
Prashant Sharan 123(.)io just sold for 1 BTC on Twitter !! New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Domainers come together on Twitter to help those in need Resources 0
Prashant Sharan A poll on Twitter regarding the biggest domain industry change this decade Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Josh Reason's interesting poll on Twitter about how much domain investors pay for domains Resources 0