enquiry

IT.com

newbiedomainer

llHi,
i am particularly interested in cityname domains.How are they valued.Is there any place where a history sales in this category is listed.Will registering a great city's name in a completely irrelevant extension have some value.

The value of a city domain is usually based on things like population, wealth of the city, how much tourism there is, etc.

Steve's blog covers sales of Geo Domains:
Simply Geo - The official geo domain industry blog.

I don't think that there is much value in registering a city in an irrelevant extension. You may be able to get slightly more than reg fee from a webmaster type who wants the exact term for SEO purposes, but that's somewhat of a long shot.

one thing though..most of the popular city names are already taken..I had tried quite a lot when I had started..the ones which are available are mostly travel destinations or are famous for some or the other reason..your best bet would be to search for places which are getting recognized now due to some event, festival, scenic beauty etc..

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom