Day.in Sold

IT.com
Strange the whois information for the domain is privacy protected, which is against the .in rules:

Domain ID: D483406-AFIN
Domain Name: DAY.IN
Created On:16-Feb-2005 06:33:07 UTC
Last Updated On:25-Jan-2011 06:37:22 UTC
Expiration Date:16-Feb-2012 06:33:07 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Tucows Inc. (R119-AFIN)
Registrant ID:tuAALpxUaH06SECV
Registrant Name:contactprivacy.com
Registrant Organization:Contactprivacy.com
Registrant Street1:96 Mowat Ave
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Toronto
Registrant State/Province:ON
Registrant Postal Code:M6K3M1
Registrant Country:CA
Registrant Phone:+1.4165385457
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:

Strange also that they would use a Candian rather than an Indian registrar.

domain punch is showing record as below

Domain ID: D483406-AFIN
Domain Name: DAY.IN
Created On:16-Feb-2005 06:33:07 UTC
Last Updated On:03-Feb-2011 14:30:44 UTC
Expiration Date:16-Feb-2012 06:33:07 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Tucows Inc. (R119-AFIN)
Registrant ID:tuvSlnQUAnkjaZDC
Registrant Name:Rishi Khiani
Registrant Organization:Times Internet Ltd.
Registrant Street1:Indiatimes.I World Tower DLF Phase V
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Gurgaon
Registrant State/Province:Haryana
Registrant Postal Code:121002
Registrant Country:IN
Registrant Phone:+124.4187000
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:corp.domains@indiatimes.co.in

Last edited by a moderator:
Well its looks like they are updating the who.is

Very cheap for a one word 3 letter .in end user sale, nearer to reseller prices. Or simply a sign of the state of the market with very few sales happening.

The Times picked the right Day to buy!

It may be a low price, but I still think it is nice to see a high-profile Indian company going for the .in extension when their main site is still at the .com.

Low price lol. Do you an regular advert in the classified section of the Times of India cost around $80?

To launch day.in they ran front page full ads to promote that would be worth $5000-10000 alone. Moral of the story is don't sell you good domains cheap! A proper price for day.in would have been $20,000-100,000.

Chaudi , i think it matters the financial need a domainer in and the risk appetite a domainer can take.... if a domainer in need of money or want to book the profits to mitigate the risks, some times a domainer has to take a decision which Kussy made.. I respect Kussy's decision as a fellow domainer, honestly its low price for such a wonderful name..

I Think the owner of the Domain was not Kussy , I am not sure though. I think he only reported the sale.

People who buy a domain like that have money. Don't forget so of the riches people in the work are Indians. If a company has no money they will just reg their own domain and leave it at that.
It would be interesting to find out if the seller actually know it was the Time of India buying it. I think not! So you should always assume someone who wants to buy your domain has big pockets, not some mouse domain hoarder.

Good sale indeed. but the the buyer was TIMES OF INDIA.
I watched DAY.in commercial on TV for few times in a single day.

A Day in the Life of India - The Times of India
The Times of India 'A Day in the Life of India' campaign seeks to invite every Indian to capture A Day in the Life of India in their inimitable style.
A Day in the Life of India - The Times of India

The .in market is extremely soft right now, so that price is simply reflective of this. There are occasional 'lightning strikes' sales of higher dollar values, but for the most part, there isn't a great deal of money flowing into .in domains.

I believe this will change and when it does the change will come quickly but for the time being, it's a buyers market. I believe people invested in .in domains need to be prepared to hold for 5 years or more in order to realize potential or if they want to sell today, adjust their prices to reflect today's market. This is not a good space for 'flippers'.

I remember years back, seeing .com names that would ultimately come to be worth five or six figures sell on the aftermarket for $1000 or less. I don't think this sort of growth multiple will occur in the Indian market (.com's were a very special opportunity that will never come again) but I am of the opinion that there is strong potential for the premier and most relevant keywords. I view the Indian namespace about where the .com/.net/.org namespace was in 1999.

If the English language remains relevant to Indian internet, there is no reason to believe that Indian domains won't eventually realize more value in time. The catch is, you must be confident in your own judgment and prepared to hold (and pay renewal fees on) them for quite some time...

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom