Datsun Go Launches without the .IN (under .co.in)

IT.com

CyberKing

Domain Investor
Country flag
Nissan relaunched their global brand Datsun in India with sales starting yesterday for the Datsun Go cars - without the Datsun.IN domain hosting their website, instead for months now Nissan Global sites have been pointing to Datsun.co.in - meanwhile Datsun.in is not parked for ads nor is there a pending INDRP! Checkout the whois without fail on datsun.in!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange: Ford India owns Ford.in since 2005 but has never ever used it to advertise or promote India centric products - instead prefers to use india.ford.com - that NEEDS to change! it does not even redirect!

Wow - the list just goes on...we could stick to the auto industry theme - Just saw a new ad for Renault bestseller the DUSTER use the .co.in extension (Renault - OVERVIEW) and looked up only to find another squatting situation with RENAULT.IN

Even Duster.in is for sale at 2900 USD

Expedia seems to be back with a India focus after a hiatus - they have been heavily advertising on TV using expedia.co.in during the World Cup T20 Cricket these past few weeks.... despite owning .in domain since 2005 - which redirects to Expedia.co.in on use.

Funny, even Expedia.com does not redirect to Expedia.co.in for India users - still presents the US version with fares and locations relevant to US users - that is truely poor web traffic utilization...forget all that TV and Print blitzkreig!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another example - Yakult the famous probiotic drink from the house of Danone - explicitly markets using the co.in extension versus using the .in secured during trademark period "sunnrise" in 2005...terrible! - they have just launched the product in local supermarkets in India.

The .IN does not even redirect to tne .co.in!!

They do not own the dot com!!

VIP the famous luggage maker in India has a range called - Skybags - it does not own the .IN - sadly it is just been "squatted" on recently - Mar 31st 2014 by a Chinese "firm"

Skybags is advertising the co.in extension on some exciting new TV ads! "Back is the new front" Backpack range!

These are good news for me, I own many good .co.in domains ;).

Even google.in still redirects to google.co.in (as I posted recently on this forum in another thread), I think this fact add value to .co.in TLD considering that google.co.in is the first website in India and used from more than 95% of indian people.

Groupon had a half page ad in local papers promoting SRKs new movie HNY using the .CO.IN version - dug deeper to find out that they do not own .IN - no wonder!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom