.co.in question

IT.com

kandyjet

Folks,

say abc.in is taken. then do relevent abc.co.in have no value :confused:
any example for the abc.in and abc.co.in has been in use by two different parties?

coz i have a few LLL.co.in's. so now i am afride that if relevant LLL.in's are implemented as websites by someone, then my ones will have no value :(

They will have value if and only if they are developed. If you just kept those lll.co.in parked or unused then there are greater chance of loosing them. To avoid such situation you should put something on those domains specially since .in's are developed.

Same domain name with extension .in and .co.in are treated as separate domains. They are like .com and .net having same domain names.

To avoid the confusion it is better to have both extensions. If you are not developing then you can try to sale those to .in owner.

.In and .co.in can be used by different parties if the term is generic.

.Co.in are normally worth less than .in, but still have their own value, independent of .in.

Note that random LLL.co.in's likely aren't worth much, if anything, above reg fee at this time.

.In and .co.in can be used by different parties if the term is generic.

.Co.in are normally worth less than .in, but still have their own value, independent of .in.

Note that random LLL.co.in's likely aren't worth much, if anything, above reg fee at this time.

Thanks jeff for the comment !

They will have value if and only if they are developed. If you just kept those lll.co.in parked or unused then there are greater chance of loosing them. To avoid such situation you should put something on those domains specially since .in's are developed.

Same domain name with extension .in and .co.in are treated as separate domains. They are like .com and .net having same domain names.

To avoid the confusion it is better to have both extensions. If you are not developing then you can try to sale those to .in owner.

Cool thoughts, thanks :cool:

Is there something about India names that I'm missing?
Why does parking a .in name increase the chance of one losing it?

The reason I ask is that I own a number of fairly decent Indian geos and I could absolutely see someone at the .in registry saying "Hey! What entitles this damn American to own the names of great Indian cities!!!" and finding whatever technicality they could to jerk them...

So, if there's something I have to do in the way of development or if parking isn't OK with India names, please advise.

I think it's become risky to park any valuable domain regardless of the domain extension (ie not just Indian domains).

If you read through recent domain dispute decisions, you'll see that it's becoming more and more risky to park. Here are just a couple of examples: here and here.

I think it's become risky to park any valuable domain regardless of the domain extension (ie not just Indian domains).

If you read through recent domain dispute decisions, you'll see that it's becoming more and more risky to park. Here are just a couple of examples: here and here.

cool, btw, i think this is where mini sites comes in to play right :p
most of the domainers are not good php mysql developers.
so minisites will help them some what safe guard the domains.

cool, btw, i think this is where mini sites comes in to play right :p

Yes. However, it's hard for a domainer to constantly manage/update/upgrade a large number of mini-sites (unless they have a team helping them). A few mini-sites is definitely manageable but if you have hundreds of mini-sites it's going to be challenging.

Yes, I'm well aware that generally speaking, terrible dispujte arbiters have cited parking as evidence of 'bad faith' and that often times parking aggregators can throw up TM infringing ads, which could potentially be used to jerk an otherwise generic name that has a product specific TM use...

My question is more along the lines of- is there anything specifically written in the regulations of owning India names that forbids parking, or something like that?

My concern is that I own names of Indian cities with millions of people in them and I'm not an Indian citizen. It's the sort of thing that I could see causing the "What entitles you to own that" sort of resentment, which in turn might cause people to try and take them away utilizing whatever technicality they have at their disposal... My intent is to use a scalable development scheme for each one and make them all into fully functioning websites, however, in the meantime, they all get type-ins, so I have them parked. If there is something about India names that forbids parking in general, I'll just 404 them or put up a non-commercial lander.

Last edited by a moderator:

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom