City Portal software

IT.com

domainpundit

Country flag
Hi ,
Looking for a city portal software , I want use this software to develop some of geo domains.
Initially i thought of going for a custom software and requested a quote from few companies , its looking very expensive to me. Also the maintenance costs and future improvements costs alot... so thinking as alternative why dont go for open source or packaged solutions developed for city portal. Definitely looking for advanced technologies.

Looking to hear the thoughts of the below domainers and web masters.

cheers

dman, i evaluated this one , but the features wont fit into my requirements, especially to indian citi people perspective its not a good package....

Below are the high level requirements.... i have many thoughts for phase 2....so on..

Home Page

News

Entertainment

Politics

Business / Money

Fashion

Sports

Live TVs

Classifieds

just 1 module details : News Module:
Latest News (Home page slideshow).
Braking News (Speed News) (Scrolling)
Latest Video News (You Tube Videos and other video sites integration features)
Latest Movie Related News
Latest Sports News
Latest Photo Shoots (Galleries)
Latest Business News
Today City Programs / Live Events
Live Scores (Cricket Scorecard)
Life Style Articles
User Comments

I also evaluated joomla, drupal and wordpress ... Joomla or drupal can be used as alternative , I heard some negative comments about these and also i see some disadvantages from my own personal use.....

cheers

hey ive built a portal for goa...using wordpress...eGoa

i was with joomla earlier. But shifted to wordpress coz the plugins and externdability is awesome!!

Below are the high level requirements.... i have many thoughts for phase 2....so on..

Home Page

News

Entertainment

Politics

Business / Money

Fashion

Sports

Live TVs

Classifieds

just 1 module details : News Module:
Latest News (Home page slideshow).
Braking News (Speed News) (Scrolling)
Latest Video News (You Tube Videos and other video sites integration features)
Latest Movie Related News
Latest Sports News
Latest Photo Shoots (Galleries)
Latest Business News
Today City Programs / Live Events
Live Scores (Cricket Scorecard)
Life Style Articles
User Comments

I also evaluated joomla, drupal and wordpress ... Joomla or drupal can be used as alternative , I heard some negative comments about these and also i see some disadvantages from my own personal use.....

cheers

The portal I noted is customizable. You can add and delete pages or content nodes as you please. In your case, your 'requirements' seem to be more along the lines of integrating RSS data feeds.

It really is a strong platform for the price. Otherwise, go custom, but then you're in the thousands. Or, City In A Box, but again. Thousands.

The urls don't look SEO friendly - is there a way to deal with that?

Are you worried about the underscores? G disregards them. That hasn't been an issue for a while. Beyond that, yes, most everything is tunable in the backend.

No, I meant urls like this:
kankakeecounty.com/show_custom_page.php?tab_name=Elections
or
cheyenneportal.com/show_custom_page.php?tab_name=Horoscope

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom