Can expiring names be transferred?

IT.com

oneventures

Country flag
Hi

I have some .in names that only have three days left before expiration.

I would like to transfer them to another registrar. Does anyone know if that is too late since it takes 5-6 days to do the transfer? Do I need to renew first at the current registrar?

Thanks

Depends on the losing & receiving registrar.

I have transferred expired names from DomainSite.com/Namecheap.com/enom.com to Dynadot.com and can be done in just 2-3 days by express transfer. That said I have not done it with .in (never tried) but .com, net,org.

Depends on the losing & receiving registrar.

I have transferred expired names from DomainSite.com/Namecheap.com/enom.com to Dynadot.com and can be done in just 2-3 days by express transfer. That said I have not done it with .in (never tried) but .com, net,org.

Thank. I will give it a try. After all, they have not expired yet, so I guess it should be possible.

Hi

I have some .in names that only have three days left before expiration.

I would like to transfer them to another registrar. Does anyone know if that is too late since it takes 5-6 days to do the transfer? Do I need to renew first at the current registrar?

Thanks

As wot mentioned, it depends on the losing registrar. Some of them like Dynadot, 101domain or Hexonet (not 100% sure) will ask you to confirm the outcoming transfer either by login to your panel or by clicking confirmation link in email they send. Directi registrars like Whiz will have you waiting 5 days.

As wot mentioned, it depends on the losing registrar. Some of them like Dynadot, 101domain or Hexonet (not 100% sure) will ask you to confirm the outcoming transfer either by login to your panel or by clicking confirmation link in email they send. Directi registrars like Whiz will have you waiting 5 days.

Yes, it should take five days at most losing registrars. But I am wondering if they will obstruct to the transfer request altogether. Anyway, now I have begun the transfer so I will soon find out :p

Process for .IN is as follows :

1. You can transfer .IN domain name even after the expiry of domain name but it depend on registrar if they allow expire domain to transfer. (at Mitsu and partner site we allow expire domain to transfer even after 24 days of expiry date).

As far as we know Enom does not allow expire name to transfer.

IMPORTANT WORD OF CAUTION :

2. When transferring domain name nearing the expiry or after expiry , first make sure with your current registrar that how many days they give to renew the domain name after expiry ? because in transfer process you require 5 clear days in hand.

We explain you with example , Suppose your domain name has expiry date of 1st July, 2011 and you make transfer request (Approve by admin is must) on or before 24th June, 2011 then this is the safest time to transfer.

But if you make request after 24th June, 2011 and before 1st July, 2011 then make sure your registrar gives you at least five days to renew the domain name after expire so domain name can be safely get transfer. Otherwise if they send delete command before domain get transfer then domain will go in PENDING DELETE RESTOREABLE status.

And in Final condition if your registrar allow you to transfer even after the expiry date (in this example 1st July, 2011) then again make sure that how many days you still left for renewal of domain name in regular price . Keep margin of clear five days after admin approves the domain name transfer. because if admin approves and registrar sends delete command to registry then domain will get deleted and transfer will failed ? But in this condition registrar should allow you to transfer the domain name after expiry.

Last one is risky as lot of registrar are not clear about the same.

But at Mitsu and partner network we allow 30 days period after expiry to renew the domain name at regular price. We send the delete command any time after 29th day after expiry date. so if you made request for transfer upto 24 days after expiry date same will safely get transferred.

Process for .IN is as follows :

1. You can transfer .IN domain name even after the expiry of domain name but it depend on registrar if they allow expire domain to transfer. (at Mitsu and partner site we allow expire domain to transfer even after 24 days of expiry date).

As far as we know Enom does not allow expire name to transfer.

IMPORTANT WORD OF CAUTION :

2. When transferring domain name nearing the expiry or after expiry , first make sure with your current registrar that how many days they give to renew the domain name after expiry ? because in transfer process you require 5 clear days in hand.

We explain you with example , Suppose your domain name has expiry date of 1st July, 2011 and you make transfer request (Approve by admin is must) on or before 24th June, 2011 then this is the safest time to transfer.

But if you make request after 24th June, 2011 and before 1st July, 2011 then make sure your registrar gives you at least five days to renew the domain name after expire so domain name can be safely get transfer. Otherwise if they send delete command before domain get transfer then domain will go in PENDING DELETE RESTOREABLE status.

And in Final condition if your registrar allow you to transfer even after the expiry date (in this example 1st July, 2011) then again make sure that how many days you still left for renewal of domain name in regular price . Keep margin of clear five days after admin approves the domain name transfer. because if admin approves and registrar sends delete command to registry then domain will get deleted and transfer will failed ? But in this condition registrar should allow you to transfer the domain name after expiry.

Last one is risky as lot of registrar are not clear about the same.

But at Mitsu and partner network we allow 30 days period after expiry to renew the domain name at regular price. We send the delete command any time after 29th day after expiry date. so if you made request for transfer upto 24 days after expiry date same will safely get transferred.

Thanks a lot, Mitsu! Some very useful information there.

Dynadot would not allow expired names to be transferred because after the names have expired the who-is is automatically changed.

Dynadot would not allow expired names to be transferred because after the names have expired the who-is is automatically changed.

Yes, it really does depend on the losing registrar then. But I believe that Dynadot (like Go Daddy) makes it possible for registrants to approve a transfer instantly. At least for .com, but maybe not for .in.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom