Appraisal by language / advertising terms

IT.com

Wanda

Hi All,
I am reaching out to have the domains appraised by your opinion of the possible use as future keywords. I only register the dot com brand, I am looking to hold for the next 6 to 10 years before development and therefore financial appraisal is not an issue. The risk for me is quite small, I might have placed my bets on the wrong language as the masses step up into online commerce, I might have covered the wrong terms as general advertising terms, insurance will take much longer to become mandatory.

Your comments are respected.

ऑनलाइनबीमा ऑनलाइन-बीमा
मोटरसाइकिल-बीमा मोटरसाइकिलबीमा
घर-ऋण घरऋण
ऑटो-बीमा ऑटोबीमा
यात्रा-बीमा यात्राबीमा
मूल्य-तुलना मूल्यतुलना
चिकित्सा-बीमा चिकित्साबीमा
वाहन-बीमा वाहनबीमा
मेडिक्लेम
तुलना

Good or Bad, lots of views and to date not a comment ? Based on Out Of Home hoardings are they terms future keyword terms ?

Hello Wanda, how are you doing. These Hindi words are damn cool and millions use in their life everyday no doubt about it. I will try to explain why there is less interest and also my opinion.

- Majority Indians think in their "Native Language" in their Brain but execute the actions in English(I wrote about it before in detail)

- India has more than 50% of its population below the age of 25 and more than 65% hovers below the age of 35. It is expected that, in 2020, the average age of an Indian will be 29 years, compared to 37 for China and 48 for Japan; and, by 2030, India's dependency ratio should be just over 0.4.[6] (This is a paste from Wikipedia)

When you are dealing with this HUGE young, energetic, trendy and adapting population(of Western life style), When these Kids have their own Kids there is a less Chance of them picking up Hindi(or any other local language) for Business, Though I must say Hindi will always be there in Central Govt forms as one official option.

Major native Languages of India will flourish over time, especially Hindi as there are more native speakers and there will be in Future.

Commercial exploitation is not at all fine and dandy because Hindi IDN's main target demographic is Aging senior population which is not going to exist in near future as they will pass and it is natural/Population at or just above the poverty line(90% of them dream of sending their Kid to English Convent and they will do everything they can to realize it)/People who live in remote areas where English medium is unavailable/Cultural & Heritage reasons/Niche sites that target few remaining people who are into native language by choice and there will be more and more of these kind of people who always give their best to Culture and Language preservation, as well as they love to read and converse in native languages whenever they can. I said 'Target' above because they are the users and if they are less in numbers business is Niche not Massive and generalized.

Considering all the above future is Bleak. There will always be the Niche. It is a fine act of how you Invest. I appreciate people who invest into IDN's.

That said .Bharat Hindi IDN is being pushed aggressively by India and will soon Launch I think.

The only inevitable truth is "When Seniors who lived and breathed Hindi all their life are gone, There will be less of them in Future, At the Time the population that exists will all be Westernized(meaning adapted to modern living & means, mostly uses English to carry out Business)"

It's basically end of an ERA. This is how it played out in my Mind. I am deeply ingrained by Nativity as a person, I chose English as language to express my LOVE.

I will not Judge whether this is Right or Wrong and just go by Peoples Choice as Language is a Social thing. I will also try my Best to save my Mother Tongue(It is Telugu, but I love and speak in Hindi, Urdu, Kannada & Tamil)

Wishing you success, go get those names :) be different which you already are, whatever the reasons you think are, I consider people buying IDN domains NOBLE, no less.

Good Luck,
Nanda.

Hi NT, Thank you for your reply / comments. We will see how things play out in language terms, I am mindful of the weight of numbers that will be educated in Hindi using low cost Raspberry tablets / iPads, this cannot be done in English. Historically even the USSR craved Western Lifestyle prior to that the Czarist aristocracy spoke French. My long term bet is on the future mass home consumer using the mother tongue, anything else will restrict growth and cause internal unrest. We will see.

My kind & respectful regards to you.

379 views and one constructive reply. This is a good forum, where is the interaction? I am English with a view / a bet on the future if I could write this comment in Hindi I would, you must be interested or you would not be looking. Leave a comment preferable not an elitist one.

This is possibly / probably the long term future of Hindi IDN's (education is all)
(IDN) Москва.com ("Moscow" in Russian) was completed in July 2011 when the final installment on a $216,000 purchase price was paid. That is the highest verified sale price reported to date for an IDN.

Russian is used almost exclusively in Russia whereas already pointed out India's terms of business are generally conducted in English and a very large proportion of the online community and general business community speak/use English so not a very good comparison.

I am a firm believer in IDN and have a quite a few decent names mainly in Russian & Chinese.

In my opinion Hindi IDN take up is way down the road compared to other countries but others,usually holders of large Indian language portfolios, will beg to differ,vehemently. I would guess दिल्ली.com might make 5-10% of the Москва.com price but then I am often wrong.

Anyway, good luck. IDN are here to stay, it's been a long haul but nearly over and there will soon be a few IDN millionaires out there I am sure. Some impressive portfolios with those few that got in a while back and stayed with it.

Did a quick exercise for those interested you might like to check these out.

ದೆಹಲಿ.com Kannada

தில்லி.com Tamil

دهلی.com Urdu

No guarantees. (-:

Wot@ Thank you for your comment: "Russian is used almost exclusively in Russia" True and the driver for commerce & growth is in Russian. " India's terms of business are generally conducted in English" That is the millstone that drags internal Education, Commerce and Growth. Your popuation is your future strength, Hindi will be the common denominator if you want to create growth. OK you also speak English, I learnt Latin and some classical Greek ? unfortunatly not Hindi or Mandarin.

Wot@ Thank you for your comment: "Russian is used almost exclusively in Russia" True and the driver for commerce & growth is in Russian. " India's terms of business are generally conducted in English" That is the millstone that drags internal Education, Commerce and Growth. Your popuation is your future strength, Hindi will be the common denominator if you want to create growth. OK you also speak English, I learnt Latin and some classical Greek ? unfortunatly not Hindi or Mandarin.

Spoken like an owner of Hindi IDN. (-:

English will drive India forwards with Hindi being a distant second and the other languages of India minor placings.Certainly for the next few years.

Wot@ Good that you agree with my long term assessment. I agree English will continue for the next few years. Register the Hindi.in that I covered in the com, It is the group in any one area of commerce that allows the opportunity to build a new brand from co-branding the generic. Marketing is about anchors, the younger the recipient the deeper the anchor. It must be education in the mother tongue or drag the millstone.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom