Advertising Hype

IT.com

Ceres

Do you believe all the advertising hype you see on TV? Well, looks like some people do.

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has banned an iPhone ad after consumers complained that it was misleading. The ad exaggerated the speed of the iPhone.

A recent TV ad for the iPhone 3G stated: "So what's so great about 3G? It's what helps you get the news, really fast. Find your way, really fast. And download pretty much anything, really fast. The new iPhone 3G. The Internet, you guessed it, really fast."

U.K. agency bans 'really fast' iPhone ad

The lesson to be learned: don't fall for the hyped advertising you see on TV! :eek:

Actually advertising disgusts me. The amount of money wasted on manipulating people into buying stuff they have no real need for until they are told they have a need is just insane. If an industry cannot survive with simple web presence and adverting that is straightforward about what they offer without trying to connect their product to your feelings, or your desires, then it does not need to be to begin with.

I like a lot of the cool stuff that is out, but I usually learn about it through blogs and stuff like that because I never spend a second of my life being programmed by advertising.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom