What do you think of this?

IT.com

wot

Country flag
I sourced and then "registered" a premium name Weather.id with OnlyDomains.com.

It is not real time so knew I had to wait for final registration.

Received confirmation from OnlyDomains.com that the process was ongoing and I needed to supply documents which I did by return.

Turns out that OnlyDomains.com is associated with Instra.com a very well known registrar so the docs were sent directly to them as requested.

Waited one day and then checked and the name was still not registered so I emailed to five different accounts that were related to OnlyDomains.comand Instra.com and asked what was happening.

About 2 hours later I checked and the name was now registered via Instra.com so felt quite comfortable and waited for it to hit my OnlyDomains.com account.

Today ,being the next day, I get an email saying that the name had been registered by a third party and they would credit or refund my registration fee.

Not so unusual perhaps? This was, the name was registered in the name and company of the very well known CEO Tony Lentino whose company,Instra.com, was supposed to be registering the name on my behalf,just a short time after I sent the email asking what was happening!

This occurred between the 26th and 29th of this month.

I asked both OnlyDomains.com & Instra to comment, I heard nothing from either.

There is more on my blog in my signature relating to the association between OnlyDomains.com-Tony Lentino and Instra Corp if you are interested.

If so I would appreciate your comments

Some much for integrity, I would remind them how many in the international domain community will see this post and the negative PR it will / has generated.

Agree - someone is trying too hard and is too emotionally invested in proving you wrong.

And now a classic piss off!

"Hello Sir/madam,

Thank you for your email.

The customer of ours who owns this domain name has opted for whois privacy that is why Tonys information is currently listed on the domain until the whois privacy details are updated.

Please understand that the domain is not registered to us, as you can imagine we would have no use for that domain being a domain name company not weather reporters.

If you wish to contact our legal department over this matter please feel free to contact legal@onlydomains.com

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us,"

Incidentally, when I was searching for potential registrations I am fairly sure I never found one in privacy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly a company to avoid. Had to escalate to a paypal claim after customer services ignored me for a week about getting a refund for a domain they were unable to register. As for the email response from onlydomains.com - pretty weak attempt at covering up someone's greed and lack of business integrity!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
uttampolyrubs
Top Bottom