Sudden drop in .in/.co.in traffic/revenue???

IT.com

kriss05

Country flag
Hi All,

On August 18-20, I discovered sudden almost 50% drop in traffic to my .in/c.o.in domains parked with one of parking companies, so revenue dropped down almost 50%, and rpm dropped down by around 30%

My domains receive mostly type-in traffic so its pretty weird.

Is anyone experiencing the same or similar things with parked .in/.co.in domains?

Cheers

Yes! i've noticed it with parked. I have bought several .in domains which i know get some traffic and my traffic and revenue is definitely down and i dunno whats going on there...i suspect they must be filtering some of it somehow.

As someone told me, on Aug 18 Yahoo&Bing Merger finally hit parked domains as Bing hardly indexes any parked domains.

And drop in traffic/revenue happened around Aug 18-20. However since, for example, my domains get mostly type-in traffic, it shouldn't affect typein domains.

Something is weird here for sure. And RPM/traffic/revenue is still decreasing.

Mine is fine. Although, most of what you say type-in traffic a portion of which comes from search engine.Their are a lot of people who don't type any name in address bar but exclusively type domain name in search engine. like example.co.in in bing or yahoo or google.So if a portion of the "type in" traffic is from such users that may have dropped?

By type-in traffic I mean exactly what "type-in traffic" means: people type in domain name in address bar.

That kind of traffic you mentioned is traffic from search engines and it is not type-in traffic.

Anyway, I didn't have traffic from yahoo/bing

A few of my .in domains get traffic from bing,but thats only a few domains.Kriss i definitely noticed a dip in traffic.Also check your "domain rating" tab because some names are probably blocked. Either way, its weird and i don't like it.

The value of Indian traffic is decreasing significantly. Protocols are being implemented by all PPC providers to offer a sliding-scale adjusted pay structure that places significant emphasis on origin of the traffic.

Buyers of traffic are getting more and more sophisticated every day- the higher paying the keyword, the more sophisticated the buyer. As such, seeing as Indian traffic doesn't convert nearly as well as other geo-targeted traffic for certain keywords, the pay rates have plummeted, since traffic buyers aren't interested in receiving it.

This may not be 'fair', but the economic considerations are real and if you're in the business of trying to sell mortgages in Miami, you're not interested in traffic from Mumbai. Since Indian names tend to generate Indian traffic but park with mostly Western ads, there's a problem there. PPC providers are waking up to this, fast.

Since Indian names tend to generate Indian traffic but park with mostly Western ads, there's a problem there.

It doesn't work exactly like that. The ads you see on your parked domains strongly depends on geo-location from where you view it. Someone will see American ads in US, German in Germany and Indian in India on the same domain. This is not always the case and also depends on how you optimize your domains. Some parking services like NameDrive allow to optimize your ads by each country independently. You can also preview there what ads are displayed for selected country to make sure you have chosen proper keywords. After such optimization one may be surprised how much it helped to raise CTR.

Mine (parking revenue) has disappeared up it's own backside hence a strong diversification to minisites very recently.

Ministes yet to be proven for me so hoping for reasonable results.

Time,as always, will tell!

The value of Indian traffic is decreasing significantly. Protocols are being implemented by all PPC providers to offer a sliding-scale adjusted pay structure that places significant emphasis on origin of the traffic.

Buyers of traffic are getting more and more sophisticated every day- the higher paying the keyword, the more sophisticated the buyer. As such, seeing as Indian traffic doesn't convert nearly as well as other geo-targeted traffic for certain keywords, the pay rates have plummeted, since traffic buyers aren't interested in receiving it.

This may not be 'fair', but the economic considerations are real and if you're in the business of trying to sell mortgages in Miami, you're not interested in traffic from Mumbai. Since Indian names tend to generate Indian traffic but park with mostly Western ads, there's a problem there. PPC providers are waking up to this, fast.

THe value of indian traffic might be decreasing now, but i have no doubt it will rise in the near future. As india(and indians )becoming wealthier, they will have more money and do more eCommerce. These 2 factors will definitely increase PPC for indian traffic. I don't expect $1-$5 clicks from INdian traffic,but i anticipate higher than $0.2 clicks from more .in domains. THe PPC companies will hopefully figure out how to utilize indian traffic more. India is an economic juggernaut and there is no way its internet isn't a financial goldmine if harnessed properly.

Finally, i do notice that my .ins parked @ parked do better when you have a specific keyword as opposed to a very general "parked page",so figuring out what people are looking for is very important.

I agree with Dman, I have had two clients actually ask me to filter out Google Analytics traffic from India because it does not convert and they'd rather it didn't influence their stats.

This has been a big problem I have noticed in the past 5 years - India traffic does not convert as much as other countries yet is significant in volume.

Wot good luck with those minisites - I used the exact same provider and got banned by adsense - also, have you looked at the quality of the content? It's shocking...

Truely - do people not like to buy online in India? I get the impression that poeple, generally, do not buy much online in India - not as consumerist as the rest of us - am I wrong? Is this changing? Maybe some of our members from India can enlighten us?

Cheer
T
P.S - if I get another $100 offer for a premium domain i'll scream.

India is an economic juggernaut and there is no way its internet isn't a financial goldmine if harnessed properly.

have you guys noticed that 'google instant' is spreading to every country?

its a BIG wake for those that strictly park domains......the game is changing and why let parking companies KEEP 80% of the money that your site is making for them.

Parking is dead, 'link based income' will move to 'sales based income' because as many people move away from parking the less they make and the less they payout........were being screwed bigtime and who can blame us for wanting more.

instant could be a big part of this but its my personal observation

Truely - do people not like to buy online in India? I get the impression that poeple, generally, do not buy much online in India - not as consumerist as the rest of us - am I wrong? Is this changing? Maybe some of our members from India can enlighten us?

Cheer
T
P.S - if I get another $100 offer for a premium domain i'll scream.

Yes, many people do not buy online in India at present, even those who earn a lot of money from Adsense , web designing or internet related services.

I personally buy a lot online and though prices online are much cheaper (30-50% less for many products), it will take some time for people to change their attitudes.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gname
Top Bottom