Morningstar - .Co.in vs. .In ?

IT.com

Ceres

Morningstar Inc, a Chicago-based research firm, now has an India website. The firm was savvy enough register both Morningstar.in and Morningstar.co.in.

Currently, both the .in and .co.in websites show the same content. However, it looks like Morningstar has chosen Morningstar.in as their flagship India website (see list of international websites, which shows Morningstar.in is for India).

Regardless of which extension is more popular, I think it makes a lot of sense for companies to own both the .in and .co.in. Companies will avoid losing traffic to the other extension, plus it's a good defensive registration.

Yes, I used to think that... I'm not so sure any more. I figured there would need to be a close relationship between .in and .co.in prices, as companies would generally want both. I'm not sure that's what is happening though - many companies seem to be quite happy with just the .in and don't care about the .co.in.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
uttampolyrubs
Top Bottom