Infomedia18 Launches AskMe.in

IT.com

Ceres

Medianama reports that Infomedia18 has launched AskMe.in. From what I understand, AskMe.in is an online business directory that is powered by two other products: YellowPages.co.in and Burrp.com (all owned by the same company).

Medianama's review of India's latest local search portal is not a positive one:

So Askme.in has been a disappointment – it is no more than a colourful Yellow Pages with a few extra features. No incentives are offered, no local news or events displayed. It does not offer a voice based service like Justdial’s 69999999.
I came across another negative review of AskMe.in.

In an all, Askme.in hasn’t come up with any new idea. Its just an outcome of taking ideas (not even all good ideas) from similar portals and putting it at one place but this sort of dish may not be liked by the audience.
The main problem I see with AskMe.in is that if it's pulling a lot of its results from other products, the site will have no unique content or features of its own. Perhaps Infomedia18 plans to add new features? Time will tell. What do you think of AskMe.in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just Dial Accuses AskMe.in of Data Theft

AskMe.in, the newly launched business directory, is already getting publicity but not for the reasons you might expect. Just Dial (popular local search engine in India) is accusing AskMe.in of data theft.

In a suit filed by Just Dial against Infomedia 18, Just Dial alleged that Infomedia 18 had copied its extensive database and was displaying the same on its website askme.in, thereby infringing Just Dial’s copyright in its valuable database.

The Delhi High Court has granted an exparte injunction against Infomedia 18, restraining them from infringing Just Dial’s copyright and from running the website askme.in till the next date of hearing.
You can read more here.

AskMe.in is currently offline...

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gname
Top Bottom