Hostings with Domain Registry

IT.com

Jas

Sometimes when I check several web hostings, they integrate a domain registry service for anyone who is interested to buy their hosting package. I'm not entirely sure of the advantages (or disadvantages) of registering a domain this way instead of buying one directly from GoDaddy or the likes, other than possibly being more expensive.

advantage is you get domain and hosting activated in single go at one place and renewal and pointing of domain becomes easier. Disadvantage is if the hosting company is not stable you can loose the domain even at times.

advantage is you get domain and hosting activated in single go at one place and renewal and pointing of domain becomes easier. Disadvantage is if the hosting company is not stable you can loose the domain even at times.
Is there anything we can do as backup plan to save the domain in case worst thing happens? Because this way, I don't see the simplicity in setting the domain up wins over the danger of losing the domain and whole website suddenly.

A domain can be registered only if it is available now. It can not be kept blocked and in reserve. Trying to purchase the domain name after building content for it, may be a costly exercise if the related domain is not available (later).

Last edited:
I have seen this as well. But for me, a great hosting service is an absolute must, so I always stay away from buying hosting from domain registrars.

A domain can be registered only if it is available now. It can not be kept blocked and in reserve. Trying to purchase the domain name after building content for it, may be a costly exercise if the related domain is not available (later).
Technically, it's not building content first before buying the domain. We buy the hosting and the domain altogether. This means we can actually set everything up at once and start building content afterwards.

That makes me wondering if the price from hosting will be more expensive than domain registrars. I've seen some setting up a package of hosting plan and domain names for cheap, though.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
angemon
Top Bottom