Greetings

IT.com

DomeBase

Greetings folks.

My name is Bob Connor and my domain-related nickname for many years was/is DomeBase. I was quite involved in the .INFO roll-out and have been active in the domain community for quite a while. One of the things that I worked on for a while was a code of rights and responsibilities for domainers --
Call for Domain Owner Code of Rights and Responsibilities

I have been a fan of the .IN extension for several reasons, including: growing economy of India, widespread English useage, flexible usage requirements of extension...

I have a number of prime .IN geos (including a number of U.S. states and cities and some tech domains) for which I developed little mini-sites (not much, but many Google listed).

However, I have been a little out of the loop for the last year or two and was not even aware of this forum until recently.

Good to see that such a forum exists. I remain a fan of .IN and look forward to seeing it blossom.

Sincerely, Bob Connor (DomeBase)

Hello DomeBase / Bob Connor,

Welcome to INForum! :)

With regard to code, I like the balanced approach you took with regard to a registrant's rights and responsibilities. Did anything become of the code of rights? BTW, great truck analogy.

Hello DomeBase / Bob Connor,

Welcome to INForum! :)

With regard to code, I like the balanced approach you took with regard to a registrant's rights and responsibilities. Did anything become of the code of rights? BTW, great truck analogy.

Hi Ceres,

Thank you for the welcome.

The code helped to influence the wording of the code that the ICA (Internet Commerce Association) developed and advocated -- but I did not have the energy and drive (not a full time domainer and a number of things have happened during the past year and a half in my life) to pursue it independently through all the political processes. Also, to be candid, domainers tend to be difficult to coordinate to do things -- they generally tend to be diverse and quite independent. Hard to get them to agree on things and even harder to coordinate action.

Domebase - your reputation precedes you and it's an honour that you've joined. Welcome to INForum!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom