BigDog Robots

IT.com

Kaleigh

"The Most Advanced Quadruped Robot on Earth
BigDog is the alpha male of the Boston Dynamics family of robots. It is a quadruped robot that walks, runs, and climbs on rough terrain and carries heavy loads. BigDog is powered by a gasoline engine that drives a hydraulic actuation system. BigDog's legs are articulated like an animal?s, and have compliant elements that absorb shock and recycle energy from one step to the next. BigDog is the size of a large dog or small mule, measuring 1 meter long, 0.7 meters tall and 75 kg weight."

This is taken from
Boston Dynamics: The Leader in Lifelike Human Simulation

In case you haven't already seen this on YouTube, this is one seriously crazy robot. Not only can it sense when it's falling, but it can measure how far it's from the ground, run, jump, climb -!

This robot is really amazing and scary at the same time! I encourage you to watch the video on that page - this stuff is nuts!

Wow, the legs on that robot look amazingly real.

Thanks Kaleigh, it's a great video!

Thank you very much Kaleigh for the information! I like this video very much! But is it a truth information or is it a joke?

Thank you very much Kaleigh for the information! I like this video very much! But is it a truth information or is it a joke?

Boston Dynamics is a real company, so it must be a real program! Dang, I sort of want one for my house! I love the sensors in the legs and how it cautiously walks around like, well, a dog! Whoever thought of that idea was pretty smart.

I like the fact that it can jump too! When I saw that, I watched it twice. I mean, something that size leapt with the grace of a gazelle!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom