Backorders.in & co.in , thanks

IT.com

ovidius

Namaste

First of all, I would like to introduce myself as it is my first post. I am from Spain, and I started registering domains in 1998. Now I have a wide portfolio of many countries, especially in Europe an America. I like very much India, specially Himachal Pradesh and Kashmir, and love riding Enfield bikes.;)

Please give your sincere opinion or appraisal for Backorders.in and co.in. I believe these can be good domains for a web like snapnames.com, namejet.com etc, that they capture expired domains and after they sell them on auction.

Could you tell me also if Indian domainers are familiar with this term Backorders, and if there is any website capturing expired .in domains?

thanks for your reply

Hi ovidius and welcome to INForum!

I think that you've followed an intelligent path investing in many countries' ccTLDs. I think that this is where the greatest future growth in domains lies. And you were pretty smart to get started back in 1998!

These are actually very hard names to appraise, because unlike most domains, the possible end users would be domainers themselves. You are right that these are perfect domains for drop catchers.

One difficulty is that the number of potential endusers is pretty small. Another difficulty is that you can see these sort of companies tend to choose fanciful names to brand themselves - like namejet or snapnames - rather than a generic domain. Ultimately the name they choose doesn't matter too much, as what will make or break the company is how well they catch domains.

With that in mind, if you were looking to liquidate the domains yourself, I think you'd have trouble getting more than low $xxx for each domain. On the other hand, if you receive an unsolicited request for the domains, I'd pitch it at mid-$x,xxx to high $x,xxx depending on your tolerance for risk and how badly you need the funds.

AFAIK, there is no public dropcatching service for Indian domains. There are a number of individuals who do this privately for themselves.

Thank you very much for your reply, it is very useful for me as you are an expert on .in domain names and have explained perfectly everything related with this domains apparaisal.

Thanks again and congratulations for your forum.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
uttampolyrubs
Top Bottom