Using twitter

Discussion in 'Marketing Your Website' started by ritchie, Sep 7, 2017.

1. ritchie

ritchie Kenya Member

This has been said to be the most popular social media platform. Has anyone of you used it to network online as well as give a personality to your brand? What would you refer to as Twitter etiquette?

2. marsh

marsh Kenya Active Member

Well, Twitter to me is by far the most suitable social networking site. I know that Facebook has a huge following but the former seems to have a better segmented client pool.

3. Domainant

Domainant Member

Well, we've seen it play out again and again that customer service makes a big difference. It's important to respond politely and solve any problems that arise. It's also savvy to be wise with hashtags. Use the wrong one and the brand could be accused of being tone deaf, misappropriating a culture, or spamming.

4. ritchie

ritchie Kenya Member

Very true, and businesses are left with very minimal options, in the current set-up. If you don't respond wisely and politely, retweets could easily kill your brand. Can you try to picture how life was before the social media marketing era?

Domainant likes this.
  5. Mikhaela

Mikhaela United States Member

I have always preferred Facebook over Twitter when it comes to social media, both personally and professionally. However, I do know that a lot of people do use it network and they enjoy it quite well.

6. tulip

tulip Kenya Member

@Mikhaela, I think it depends on the kind of your business set up, as well as the nature of the clientelle. I know a couple of people and/or businesses that are big on Facebook but have zero presence on Twitter.

7. Domainant

Domainant Member

I imagine that it's more affordable and easier to advertise now, but that it's harder than ever to capture your demographics' attention. People seem to have shorter attention spans and are always multitasking.