Typo Domains

IT.com

Ceres

I recently came across a new Indian website InvesToday.in (btw, it seems like a great website and worth reading). What I found interesting is that they're using a typo domain (there's a "t" missing). Although InvestToday.in is already registered, at the time of writing this post InvestToday.co.in is still available.

Even if it's a common typo, I would have still chosen the .co.in as I don't like typo domains (or I would have looked for an alternative name).

What would you have chosen and why?

Bizzare that anyone would choose a typo - perhaps the goal was to brand it.

Weird - perhaps they think the word is actually Inves or Oday- perhaps the owner is the Indian Irishman Mr O'day and he is suggesting you invest with him. :p

Assuming that investtoday.co.in was taken, they are taking a bet that their audience will remember their site because the domain is unique (intellectual play of words). If I am not wrong, the blogger (Sriram Vadlamani) is a regular blogger at trak.in and so his links for trak.in might drive traffic to his typo site.

InvesToday.in now redirects to FinancialAffairs.in. I like this one better than the typo domain. What about you?

whois

Back