How to forward comicology.in to www.comicology.in

IT.com

comicology

Hi Guys,

I hope I can get an answer from the experienced techies here. I bought a www.comicology.in domain name from Mitsu. And have it configured to point to my blogspot.com address.

Now everything is working fine, when someone enters www.comicology.in. But when someone tries comicology.in, it throws up

I believe non-www address of your domain is called naked domain / root domain.

1. Is there a way we could forward requests coming into comicology.in to www.comicology.in, to better augment SEO metrics, and stuffs....

2. By buying comicology.in domain, does it mean that I own the root as well as any sub-domains within it.

3. If yes, why isn't that the requests aren't getting routed to www. address

4. Is there any CNAMe or AName records which I have to add? Anyone who have done it with a Mitsu provider based, would be more than helpful.

Please answer these questions.... and I will appreciate any help. As usual Mitsu's support service is pathetic, and they don't seem to be getting any clue of what the problem is even before reply blunt messages putting the blame on us, and citing irrelevant support clauses.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
To permanently redirect comicology.in to www.comicology.in, you have to implement a 301 Redirect via your .htaccess file.

Follow the instructions under section called '301 Redirects Fixes the www/non-www Canonical Issue' found here.

Hi Guys: I was able to get it done with the use of A name configurations. The mitsu people were so much unaware about it, which I was able to dig down by reading few help-yourself articles on the internet.

Finally my root and www all gets forwarded to my blogger address.

newyorkdude: Thanks. Blogger Help Groups are indeed so responsive. Good to find so many helping hands out there.

Ceres
: Thanks the problem is that I have only domain registration service with my provider, and they don't seem to be having a linux hosting to use the .htaccess file

Chandan: Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for all your kind help in answering my query

Comicology, I'm glad you sorted everything out in the end. I notice the redirect is working. Best of luck with your website!

Thanks much Ceres. I appreciate the friendly lending hand this forum members all are ready to provide, for the needy ones.

I would be more regular in this forum henceforth :)

Hai,
U want to know the information about the domain forwarding visit this site tucktail.com. U can get the details of the domain forwarding.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom