anderson.in
tutorial.in
lung.in
dmoz.in
occupation.co.in
mobilebanking.in
patrika.in

what do you think ......we can even give them to our friends at free

I won't mind if you are gifting me tutorial.in :),On a serious note why someone would GIFT the name to registrar? What's story behind it?

I won't mind if you are gifting me tutorial.in :),On a serious note why someone would GIFT the name to registrar? What's story behind it?

Domain owner is old friend (and gift is not to registrar but to individual friend) and he is not renewing the names as he left the business and he is planning to drop the names so he gave us the auth code and we transferred the same.

He already dropped lot of prime name previously .....

After posting this we got lot of request for names, now we have to think twice before giving as we donot want to hurt anybody...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich people have rich friends! I wish I have such rich friends as well :)
Domain owner is old friend and he is not renewing the names as he left the business and he is planning to drop the name so he gave us the code and we transferred the same.

He already dropped lot of prime name previously .....

One of our friend who left the following domain name , gifted us :

anderson.in
tutorial.in
lung.in
dmoz.in
occupation.co.in
mobilebanking.in
patrika.in

what do you think ......we can even give them to our friends at free

I am interested in
Tutorial.in
mobilebanking.in

You could sell these to the highest bidder in the forum and donate the money to charity.

Tutorial.in is a very nice domain :) Donating the money to charity wouldn't be a bad idea at all!

I would say gifts should be passed on as gifts like Mitsu thought originally. Do a raffle at random.org and make somebody's day a very big day.

Especially the 2 below WOW

Tutorial.in
mobilebanking.in

The domainer who gifted these in first place should be appreciated, Thank you very much whoever you are... and to Mitsu for coming up with this thread, Thank you Mitsu.

I do not want any of these names, but good luck in advance to whoever gets them.

PS: We can pool up some funds for charity always, Anyone wants to make a pool? make it I will donate whatever I can... But events like this thread don't happen to come by often.

If I were Mitsu, I would keep the names. But if you are feeling charitable, auctioning the names and giving the proceeds to a charity would get you lots of Karma points. IMHO

Would you like me to set up a poll to see what members want?

So far I think we have the following options:
(i) gifts
(ii) auctions with proceeds going to charity
(iii) raffle

Would you like me to set up a poll to see what members want?

So far I think we have the following options:
(i) gifts
(ii) auctions with proceeds going to charity
(iii) raffle

I suppose that would be the most democratic way. BTW what's the difference between 1 and 3? IMO the names should be donated to the members who win them through the raffle, thus making 1 and 3 the same option.

Sanjeev will be in Delhi for meeting with registry officials on 24th and 25th Feb., and he will explore options with them as some of the actions suggested by members are not allowed by .IN registry (Like auctions etc.), but for charitable purpose possibilities can be explore......we will update you on this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sanjeev will be in Delhi for meeting with registry officials on 24th and 25th Feb., and he will explore options with them as some of the actions suggested by members are not allowed by .IN registry (Like auctions etc.), but for charitable purpose possibilities can be explore......we will update you on this...

Exactly, that's what I was wondering. If you want to combine all the options, you may put a fixed price on each domain, pick a buyer through the raffle and donate the money to a charity.

Right now am on Delhi airport and for last two days I spent almost 10 hours with Nixi CEO and other directors, I was here in Delhi for two reason first to attend marriage of son of Legal adviser (.IN registry -Who formulated INDRP) and got plenty of time to chat with all Nixi officials and Leading advocates like Pawan Duggal and others.

Second to attend APRICOT meetings (Sponsored by ISPAI and NIXI), here too I got chance to chat with almost all directors of Nixi on lunch.

On both occasions I got chance to talk lot of issues we generally discuss on this forum and my main concern was to convey them that they should recognize domaining as business, another issue was parking should not be counted as bad faith and some other internal issues related to INDRP process and it seems they seems convinced with my idea and we are again calling meetings of .IN registrars in Mumbai in next month and I hope in coming months we will be able to do a lot in this directions.

One more thing I want to mention here that I have visited almost all advance countries but today when I took airport express metro train for terminal 3 from New Delhi metro station , am surprised to see the most advance system and quality, I never came across such a class facilities , I feel proud that that kind of facility in our country India and moreover on Terminal three I found lot .In domains in hordings and feel very proud when I see at least 30% to 40% of them are registered with Mitsu.

Enjoy....In Domains have better future and some good plans on the way.....

Sanjeev Goyal

Tutorial.in
mobilebanking.in

Same 2 caught my attention :)

Just make sure that with my 600 + domains I have with you I get a little love - ahhh heck you already do that, dang !

On both occasions I got chance to talk lot of issues we generally discuss on this forum and my main concern was to convey them that they should recognize domaining as business, another issue was parking should not be counted as bad faith and some other internal issues related to INDRP process and it seems they seems convinced with my idea and we are again calling meetings of .IN registrars in Mumbai in next month and I hope in coming months we will be able to do a lot in this directions.

Sanjeev, you're my new hero :)

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
angemon
Top Bottom