IT.com

ekal

Huge new set of dispute resolutions:

hsbc.in ..... 20-03-2007 ..... given to Complainant
agencyfaqsin.in ..... 31-08-2007 ..... given to Complainant + 50000 R fine
srcmsahajahanpur.org.in ..... 20-07-2007 ..... given to Complainant
hartz.in ..... 18-06-2007 ..... given to Complainant
wardley.in ..... 21-09-2007 ..... given to Complainant
youtube.co.in ..... 05-11-2007 ..... ended with private agreement. Youtube paid $6000
youtube.in ..... 07-11-2007 ..... ended as part of above agreement
illm.edu.in ..... 13-09-2007 ..... ended because of ongoing court case
vertu.in ..... 27-09-2007 ..... given to Complainant + $10,000 fine (!)
apnaloan.co.in ..... 06-11-2007 ..... given to Complainant
gillette.in ..... 12-11-2007 ..... given to Complainant
nba.in ..... 05-11-2007 ..... given to Complainant

Anyone see a pattern here?

why do some get fines and not others, e.g. vertu is not as obvious as registering google?!

i have some names which are TM in the UK, eeek! but they are generic terms e.g. laterooms

Some of them are really obvious TMs, but the IDRP does seem to be biased against domainers.

cash in an envolope is probably invovled, internet.in case what a joke!

u can get away with alot in india with some money

is does suprise me that people do and try reg tm names, i was amazed youtube paid $6k!!! with the money and power they have surely they could have just taken it, they have a business model that works well so why should they have to pay someone who has taken a slice of there cake.

Dont get me wrong---- if i could do it and get away with it then i would !!!

A few more recently:

Bristol.in
Huawei.co.in and .in
Mothercare.co.in and .in
Compuware.in
KFC.co.in
Tacobell.co.in

We can probably consider it a good thing - companies think the Indian market is important enough to make sure they have the domain.

Thanks for the update Steve! Most of those look like "no brainer" cases - the situation is pretty clear.

I think you should stay clear of TM names, they end up going to the complainants and who wants legal hassles for those, youtube paid 6k but others may not.

I totally agree with staying away from TM names. Not worth our while, and the offence is winning more in these cases. Generics baby :)

Yes, and in the INDRP you can actually be liable for damages, whereas most other registries just take the name away from you, and if the trademark holder wants to collect damages, they need to launch an expensive lawsuit in court.

Thats what is the major drawback in these cases. I wonder why youtube paid money though , maybe it didn't wanted legal hassles.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom