Your Own Domain name registration service

IT.com

Gaurish

webhosting talk wiki said:
A domain name reseller account allows users to sell domain names to their clients through the domain registrar

With a domain name reseller account, the base price of each domain is lower than retail to allow reseller account holders to resell the domains at a profit. For this reason and to be able to manage their domains more easily, domineers also often have domain name reseller accounts

I am also wanted of having my own account but never was able to get one because

• high Initial deposit
  • Set-up Fee or Annual free

Now here is Offer for fellow Inforum members, Get Domain name reseller account for free!

No Initial Deposit needed, nor any other kind of fees or hidden charges need to be paid. Also domain registration Rates would very competitive. will post specific details depending on interest.

How many of you would be interested in having your Domain Registration Business?

It's a tough business unless you're going at it full time. Also, profit margins are slim - the money is really made in upsells - go through a Godaddy checkout and you'll see.

godaddy is the stupidest of reseller providers that i have seen after the popular logic boxes of directi resellers, godaddy just make money themselves by charging way from $199 to more per year and they have a fixed income while their resellers might keep starving. same with directi, they take good amount of money in the beginning and their resellers get the same old logic box to hang on with. such businesses dont survive long.

rather i run hosting domain service from a place where i dont have to deposit any big bucks, get quality servers and maintain a good status of a hosting provider. basically what i experienced is that hosting providers make fast money while domain providers keep struggling for profits in some cents. even a paypal checkout would squeeze your profit by their checkout taxes and you keep struggling in cents like owner of some small paid to click sites. i rather felt that running a ptc was much profitable than running a domain registrar. See neobux for tha case, its making fast millions! xD

Just in case being a domain registrar could be good option if you dont trust your existing domain registrar xD so you can become a new ICANN Accredited And verisign certified or regional CCTLD registrar to keep a good portfolio of premium domains in your pocket without fear and snatch premium domains of your clients too xD. Also you can start it for a social service like NameCheap does! xD or just make money by selling big lists to pool or snapnames about expiring/deleting domains and let them beat each other in the drop-catching competition. xD.

What ever you do, the choice is always yours! by the way i know and tell others too much useful information! and i hate myself for that! LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more information:
we can get domain reseller from Directi with $199 deposit.

pricing:
COM | .NET | .ORG | .INFO @ $7.89

Now
Its cheaper, and you need just about 20domains.

I am thinking of getting one account for my yet-to-started hosting business. now if you people get atleast 2domains fro me. i would be able to free my deposit amount and you guys would be able to get free reseller account with best pricing. you will enjoy rates of reseller without making any deposit. I won't charge any commission

So its win-win situation for you as well as me. as I get to free my locked capital and you get free account.

PS: I not doing this for any profit, it would be on no profit or no loss basis.

Agree with Abhishek.. the Godaddy is very expensive and its difficult to recover the money too. Once I complete my term I am not putting my hand in anymore. several reasons -
1) margin very slim
2) support
3) your competitors also have the same interface, looks, feel, etc
4) there is NO way you are going to get a PR, purely because when the parent company releases the new interface/frontend they make sure THEIR new frontend is in the market for 5-8 months at least. This is because google or other search engine give #1 PR to the unique contents. Rest all the others resellers having same content are left way behind, unless you can create a custom landing page with better meta tags, which I have managed to get #1 PR (www.ivdomain.com) on google.
5) etc....

I have taken the reseller for 3 yrs. I have spent lots on marketing in Ppc, etc. the margin is really very slim as Jeff mentioned.

Unless you are a developer and you can create your own brand with the API interface, create your own unique content then there is better chance to stand in the market and better #PR in the search engines - otherwise I don't think its worth it, but of course its your choice. If its for free its worth a try - Good Luck

I am working on a ecommerce project on my own hosting using ZenCart - open ecommerce community. once this is live I will let you guys know...

My two cents ;-)

Another thing you may want to consider is that

if the parent company is from the US (or ICANN registered) its cheaper from the .com buyers and sellers perspective.

As an e.g if you buy .in from GoDaddy it will cost you £9.99 pay - approx $15-$20 depending upon the xchange rate. I bought 6 .in domains from my own site slightly cheaper than the retail value without realising that .in was much much cheaper (Rs 200) from the indian registrar ; I came to know about mitsu.in after I bought these domain names ;-(. Same applies if you buy .com from the Indian registrar, .com will be cheaper to buy from the US registrar.

Addition to the above, if you are a reseller,
- you can control the pricing for all the products(hosting, ssl, etc), except for domain pricing.
- if you buy any product from your own site you may land up paying transaction charges (whether you purchase one or more than products) - that's what I pay if I buy anything from my site. so worth finding out if you have to pay these charges at resellerclub.

hope this helps.. whatever you decide. good luck!

Directi comes with that of same looking interface of logicbox. and all their reseller get that ugly and age old interface!

any alternatives you can suggest?

@gaurish!
there is no need to buy from directi @7.89

please do not be happy with that. because if anybody was a reseller of estdomains.com will automatically become eligible reseller of directi with around same rates for free of cost. wanna example? im here to prove it! xD coz i was estdomains reseller sometime back! xD

next i know some companies giving domain reseller for around $7.6 and even less in some around $6.5 without upfront costs. and all money is usable. but im not gonna disclose their names because it took me lot of research to know about it.

i suggest not to become reseller of godaddy or directi as its the stupidest thing you can do without research xD.

ok! if u need a better alternative to that directi ugly interface while still reselling their domains etc then i can design/develop a webhosting - cum- domain provider website design with a software which can directly register domains, do billing etc with directi and tell you your balance. but you know such thing doesnt come free! xD because even if you get hold of the software, you will still need a good looking and unique website design to appeal your buyers and you gonna pm me for that! arent you? xD

i know some companies giving domain reseller for around $7.6 and even less in some around $6.5 without upfront costs. and all money is usable. but im not gonna disclose their names because it took me lot of research to know about it.

It would have been good if you have shared information. Afterall sharing your knowledge only increases it.

dude, im in need of a lot of money now urgently to live a life! and i plan to get it either by selling services or domains or by sharing ideas! because nobody's gonna give his money to me without getting anything in return and same here, if i share too much free stuff then im loosing opportunity to earn some money and so if i dont get money, then im not gonna live longer and if i dont live long, then no body else would give my type of ideas, services and my domains to you! xD thats the circle of life in short.

Resellone has domains at $6.49 (.com, .net) but very limited payment options. Resell.biz is also cheap, but they have their limitations

I had a domain with Stargate before they were sold to UK2 (which owns Resell.biz). They were using the Logicboxes interface. Resellone I have not tried, but you can check other forums for feedback. For hosting you can afford to experiment, but for domain registration it is better to do your research before you register your domains.

I agree on the Godaddy comments. The way I look at it is that I wouldn't want to resell for Howard Stern and that's what Godaddy reminds me of. Besides, it is expensive and hard to recoup the money back.

Directi comes with that of same looking interface of logicbox. and all their reseller get that ugly and age old interface!

any alternatives you can suggest?

I'm a reseller through directi and honestly, the interface is very old. Mid 90's old. It's very cumbersome and I would not recommend it because of that. Everything else with Directi seems to be OK. Been with them since I left Godaddy and use them only for domain names no hosting.

dude, im in need of a lot of money now urgently to live a life! and i plan to get it either by selling services or domains or by sharing ideas! because nobody's gonna give his money to me without getting anything in return and same here, if i share too much free stuff then im loosing opportunity to earn some money and so if i dont get money, then im not gonna live longer and if i dont live long, then no body else would give my type of ideas, services and my domains to you! xD thats the circle of life in short.

Disagree completely with the above. Sorry. With that mindset you'll never achieve anything. People seem to forget that in order to get, one has to give first. Money is nothing more than a by product of what you're willing to give. Success can often times be measured by how many others you help become successful. Giving for the re-giving. :) Take care!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom