You Tube Channels

Discussion in 'Business and Economy' started by Swisslist, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Swisslist

Swisslist United States Member

Is it unheard of to sell a You Tube channel? Is it even against the Terms and Conditions of You Tube? People sell a lot of things online, I was just wondering if this is one of them.

2. marsh

marsh Kenya Member

I have never heard of anyone selling a YouTube channel before but then again if this was possible, I guess YouTube would have to be notified. I wouldn't buying a channel with a decent monthly income.

3. Britney

Britney South Africa Member

I have never heard of that happening either, but I wouldn't put it past internet marketers to come up with a way to profit from selling youtube channels. I can see how someone might want to buy one if it is very popular and has thousands of subscribers.

4. Kaitlin

Kaitlin South Africa Member

Actually if you conduct a quick search on Google for 'Youtube channel for sale' you will find that there is a thriving market where you can buy, sell or trade your Youtube channels.

5. ritchie

ritchie Kenya Member

I agree with Kaitlin that this is very possible. Building a YouTube channel (from scratch) isn't easy and so it makes sense when someone considers purchasing one.

6. Connected

Connected United States Member

Isn't this a bit like making a website from scratch, getting viewership, advertising, etc,,, and then selling it? With You Tube basically being the hosting service?

7. Dusart

Dusart South Africa Member

It kind of is the same as that, Connected. I don't see anything wrong with it, and in fact it looks like it may even be a thriving business if one were to start doing that.

8. Mallard

Mallard United Kingdom Member

You can sell a youtube channel. It certainly used to be against the T&Cs, but there is nothing to stop someone adding a new account as an admin, and then removing themselves. Other people set the channel up through a business with a business google account that owns the youtube channel and then sell the business, which is legal.

9. tulip

tulip Kenya Member

Mallard, in this case does YouTube have to be involved by any chance? Aside from this, I'd like to understand how YouTube actually pays, based on viewership. Is it that when you reach a certain number of views, the pay becomes constant?

10. Mallard

Mallard United Kingdom Member

Youtube is not involved when people sell a company, because all the login details stay the same (and technically so does the owner since the owning company doesn't change). From what I know, youtube doesn't pay based on viewership, it pays based on advertising, much like adsense. People with more viewers just get more adviews and clicks.

11. Simone

Simone South Africa Member

I thought that Youtube paid you for every like one thousand views or something like that. Was I wrong? I don't currently use them but I was hoping to start video marketing in the future.