Would You Sell?

IT.com

Connected

You have worked hard and for years to build up a website that reflects you, your principles and your business ideas. Someone comes along and makes you very generous offer for that site, yet you know that this person will totally re-configure the site in every way possible.

Would you sell?

Hummm, a very hard decision. I once chose to shutdown my business and retained the domain name and website so that others who wanted my business name and domain could not benefit from or make changes to my good reputation for the business. In the end I thought my integrity and reputation were worth more than mere dollars.

Hummm, a very hard decision. I once chose to shutdown my business and retained the domain name and website so that others who wanted my business name and domain could not benefit from or make changes to my good reputation for the business. In the end I thought my integrity and reputation were worth more than mere dollars.
I agree that this is normally a very tough choice. Who would want to let years of hard-work, sacrifice and diligence go down the drain in the name of a few dollars? It would be more of a catch-22 situation for me.

So what ended up happening? Did you know these people personally? There's got to be much more to the story. Something deep enough that a notice explaining you were selling couldn't resolve the matter with your end users.

Part of the deal to buy my business was that the buyer wanted to be able to use my company name along with a list of all of my clients. I respected my clients enough so as not to give their contact information to anyone. If the new company still used my business name associated with me personally and the quality of service went down, then that would reflect on me. Plus any new clients that came on board because of my name reputation would not know that I had sold out. I have been told that I was a fool for not taking the money offered but I have no regrets.

Part of the deal to buy my business was that the buyer wanted to be able to use my company name along with a list of all of my clients. I respected my clients enough so as not to give their contact information to anyone. If the new company still used my business name associated with me personally and the quality of service went down, then that would reflect on me. Plus any new clients that came on board because of my name reputation would not know that I had sold out. I have been told that I was a fool for not taking the money offered but I have no regrets.
They say that when the deal is too sweet, think twice. There may be a lot of money on offer but a point to note is that there's always a reputation to protect and a pool of clients to consider. I would do exactly what you did if I found myself in a similar situation.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom