World Domain Day Auction - A Report

IT.com
This "advisory" and WDD's subsequent action (hope they had good legal counsel) will be hotly debated for weeks!

" TheInternetofThings.com is listed with a $250,001 – $5oo,000 reserve, that name recently sold for $3,900 on NameJet last month."

Stupid,how was this even selected with that reserve. Many are too high but this is just nuts!

Section 2: .INs
Update 21st Aug: We have to pull out .IN names from auction, following an advisory from the .IN registry asking not to auction .IN names.

This is a very very bad signal sent to all people looking at .in development/market, since this domain event is followed worldwide. If .in registry doesn't change the rules, .in will never gain in visibility.

Wonder what the "advisory" contained and how legally sound was the case to drop auctions of .IN domains?

I wanted to bring some domains of real value and significance to the auction. They told me that no .IN domains would be allowed which kind of shocked me! I wanted to sell my relevant domains like AppDevelopers.in and IndieDevelopers.in during the auction. I don't have a lot of connections in India. If anyone knows the best place to sell these names it would be greatly appreciated. I may list them on Flippa.com and then advertise the auction in Bangalore.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom