WordPress 2.8 Will Be Released in May

IT.com

Ceres

On May xxth, 2009, WordPress Version 2.8, named for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, will be released to the public. For more information on this enhancement and bug-fix release, read the Development Blog and see the Changelog for 2.8.

If you want to test out WordPress 2.8 Beta 1, you can download it here.

You can view a list of all the new features here.

Since the release of WordPress 2.7, upgrading is very easy. You can use the automatic upgrade option via Tools/Upgrade Menu.

Are there any security issues with the current release?

Currently, there are no security issues reported on the WordPress site.

However, I just came across a blog post on Perishable Press that talks about an important security fix for WordPress. The writer explains that if your server crashes, WordPress sometimes display the WordPress Installation Page to your visitors. This can possibly allow hackers to take control of your website.

You will see from the comments that some people think the displayed Installation Page is not a major security risk, while others think it is. What are your views?

I don't think it's a risk I want to take, and therefore we should delete/block/modify the wp-admin/install.php file as suggested by Perishable Press.

Nice, I can install a new version now fir my new blog. It seems that they have fixed 790 bugs. And they claim to be lot faster.

Nice, I can install a new version now fir my new blog. It seems that they have fixed 790 bugs. And they claim to be lot faster.

Good luck Ace. I automatically upgraded from 2.7.1 to 2.8 in about 2 minutes. Not bad, eh? :p

I haven't really noticed the new features yet, but maybe that's because I don't explore WordPress too much!

install.php should be renamed not just in WP but any script that you have used to install on your webserver - some softwares infact don't let you move forward until you remove the install directory (and install.php) !!!

Thanks for sharing the tips from perishable blog Ceres!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom