Will the LLL.in Buyout Hold?

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
The LLL.in buyout occurred about 9 months ago.

Do you think it will hold? Already I'm seeing non-premium LLL.in trading for about $5 each. If they go much lower than this, it will hardly be worth renewing them.

Also, why do you think that the buyout hasn't done better than this?

Yes, just trying to decide whether it's a great bargain or a losing proposition. In the long run, I think that they are good investments, but I think there will be a lot of turbulence over the next few months.

i really dont know.. will people in india pay outrageous prices for LLL or one word or generic domains ?

With global recession will people prefer cctld over .com ?

if you purchase a dot com in 6 figures, are you sure you will be able to sell the same in 7 figures or even 6 figures after a year ?

True, even LLL.com are collapsing in price - looks like they've lost about 1/3 of their value of the last few months.

well, this is the time to buy "low" and in a year or 2, you can sell "high"...if you find good LLL.in, i'd advise you purchase them if its a cheap price.

i really dont know.. will people in india pay outrageous prices for LLL or one word or generic domains ?

With global recession will people prefer cctld over .com ?

if you purchase a dot com in 6 figures, are you sure you will be able to sell the same in 7 figures or even 6 figures after a year ?

Why sell to Indian individuals? - these names are for Indian companies and foreign companies entering India. They are the ones with deep pockets.

Why sell to Indian individuals? - these names are for Indian companies and foreign companies entering India. They are the ones with deep pockets.

yes ofcourse but the permutation and combination of lll.in totals is huge and just how many of these foreign companies enter india and how many of the indian companies would go in for a lll.in at a huge price ?

there are less than 5000 companies listed on BSE.

Some math experts can probably help here !?

The LLL.in buyout occurred about 9 months ago.

Do you think it will hold? Already I'm seeing non-premium LLL.in trading for about $5 each. If they go much lower than this, it will hardly be worth renewing them.

Also, why do you think that the buyout hasn't done better than this?

1) The buyout probably will not hold.

2) The buyout shouldn't hold. There's probably 1,000+ LLL.in that aren't worth registering at this point. Why register/renew LLL.ins with 2 or 3 undesirable letters when you can buy good LLL.ins for a little more?

3) If the buyout doesn't hold, it's meaningless.

If the 'buyout' doesn't hold right now it certainly will in the future.

ccTLD's of nations with real economic growth such as India, Brazil & China will attain and retain value as international money flows into their products and people.

LLL.IN are a hold/buy right now with opportunity to build a strong portfolio well situated for future growth.

Are you running from stocks right now or do you view this as an opportunity to plant seeds?

Are you running from stocks right now or do you view this as an opportunity to plant seeds?

if you have the right contacts you'd know that stock markets are yet to hit the bottom.

8000 points is when my sources are going in a buying "mode"

I assume you are talking about the Dow Jones Industrial Average when you refer to 'stock markets'?

The Dow recently broke through a support level at 8750 with the next support level at 7250 so 8000 might be a little early, that is if you believe technical analysis or any other prescient sources.

Good Luck

Very good point!

What do you mean by that?

If the buy out doesn't hold because some people wake up and realize domains like zqj.in aren't worth the $14 registration fee (right now), it doesn't mean LLL.ins aren't a good investment.

The buyout occurred under highly-discounted pricing and much stronger market conditions. Given the number of expiring one year registrations due from October to early January, I expect a surplus of unregistered LLL.in by the end of the calendar year.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom