Will the .IN promotion end after November 30th?

IT.com

the_poet

Country flag
Last update was in September, when we learnt that the promotion was extended until November 30th. Any update?

I believe , it wont end.... As the promotion will continue to attract new end users to use .com .. It would be nice if registry considers renewal promo too

cheers

It would be nice if registry considers renewal promo too

Agree. This is all I care about. My India portfolio will never crest above 100 names until renewal prices offer me a reasonable risk adjusted multiple for what I might expect to earn off a developed site.

Till now no news from Registry , but may be within a day or two we will come to know about the extension ?

Rest assured we will update as soon as we have details. If you ask us then chances are there for extension till March, 2011. Let us see..

Thanks Mitsu, We dont criticize the reg fee, ok to encourage the end users to switch from .com to .in , it would nice to keep the promo , however the renewal cost is quite higher this discourages end users in india. I know at mitsu its 549 fo renewals , few of the registars charging up to 900 Rs too. So this is not a good sign if registry want to encourage use of .in.

cheers

As to renewals promotion, we, in fact, got it: if you registered some .in domain under promo one year ago, say, for $3 and now renew it for $11, you get registration/renewal cost for .in domain as low as $7. Just let reg promo be permanent :)

Last edited by a moderator:

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
angemon
Top Bottom