Will crypto new gtld domain be valuable?

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
It seems that many new gTLD registries would like a second round of new gTLD applications. ICANN has not said when (or if) it will happen. It seems that there will be subsequent application rounds, but it is anybody’s guess when that will occur.

One of the biggest trends in domain names right now is cryptocurrency related domain names. I am not involved in that space, but there has been quite a bit of investment made there.

If companies could apply for new gTLD extensions now, I think cryptocurrency domain names would be very popular. Some of the extensions I can imagine would have applicants:

• .Coin
  • .Bitcoin
  • .Crypto
  • .Etherium
  • .ICO
  • .BTC
  • .BCC
  • .Token
  • .Wallet
From a domain investor’s point of view, do you think the actual domain names will be valuable? It seems pretty clear that some of the new gTLD registries have been doing well despite the reseller aftermarket producing relatively few sales. I am curious if you think there would be a stronger aftermarket for domain names like Bit.Coin or Coin.Wallet for example.

Source

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom