Why some letters are premium?

IT.com

domaining123

Hello,

I was wondering how some letters are characterized as premium, semi-premium, or poor quality.

Reminder:
- Premium letters are: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T
- Semi-premium are:
J, K, U, V, W
- Poor quality are:
Q, X, Y, Z
(Source 3Character.com - 3 Character Domain Name Price Guide).

So I took a list of English words (109 582 words, taken here SIL International), and compute how many words begin with each letter.

The result is interesting:

- S and C are the "most premium letters"
- X is the poorest letter
- U is more premium than O and N

Of course, this result depends on the language (here English), but is relevant for India as English is one of the official languages.

What do you think about this?

The following charts shows the result (also attached to this post):

1zyd7p4.jpg

Attachments

• letters_occurence.jpg
    letters_occurence.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 3
  • letters_occurence.jpg
    letters_occurence.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
IMO U doesn't fit well in most LLL acronyms which should look and sound nice.
I would also evaluate K and J higher because in India you can find many popular names starting from those letters (mainly Hindi/Sanskrit origin) as opposed to UK/US (Karnataka, Kerala, Krishna, Kumar, Jaipur, Jay, etc).

Agreed with Kokoro ( k and J are definitely most sought after) and also U and V has much better value than the projected value in chart.... many big cities in india starts with V - Vizag , Vijayawada , vadodara, varanasai...etc also U .. is premium when compare to few other premium letters rated here ..Uttarakhand , Uttar Pradesh are the state names in india. UP is largest stated in India.

Almost for 3 years i believed in dot com philosophy of premium letters , however changed my opinion after knowing the real facts about India

Thanks to all for your remarks!

It's interesting to put these results (which have been computed for English words) in perspective with Indian context.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom