Why I Purchased a New .Digital gTLD Domain

JulienJ

Earlier this year I created a new company called Cars Digital Inc., a marketing company which specializes in advertising for used car dealers. As soon as I had realized that a new gTLD “.digital” domain name was available, I checked to see if “Cars.Digital” was already taken – and saw that it indeed was, so there was really nothing I could do about that and moved on with my daily routine. I had already registered the corporation and secured the .com domain name www.carsdigital.com so I was all set.

I gave it little more thought.
However, not long thereafter, I was solicited by the owner of the domain www.Cars.Digital and I declined an offer of $7,000.00 to purchase the domain name. I simply told the seller that it was not worth that much to me and I did not feel that it was that important to have. Not worth $7,000.00 for sure.

After several attempts to convince me of the need to have it, I continued to explain that I did not feel that the Domain was important to the businesses overall success and he was very likely to be sitting on the name for years; that it was more of a vanity play on the name and I countered with a couple of hundred dollars to relieve him of the reg fee – three times reg fee.

The owner replied with the usual explanations of how sure he was of the value and that it was critically important to my business and that I should purchase it at all costs, however, he was willing to substantially lower the price several thousand dollars so that I could purchase it.

This back and forth actually went on sporadically for months until I eventually purchased the domain for just $250.00 regardless of the sellers near guarantee that each counter was his final counter.

Read the complete article here

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JulienJ Purchased for $20 last October, Mike Mann sells WholesomeChild.com for $24,888 Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ DomainNames.com was purchased for $2,577 and now it’s been taken back Non-Indian Domains 0
DomainSherpa How a Startup Founder Negotiated and Purchased Snappa.com – With Chris Gimmer The Lounge 0
domainking131 36% of all US Banks have purchased a .Bank domain name New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Company re-brands From .Com To .XYZ Purchased For $5,700 Non-Indian Domains 0
K LAKSHMI.COM Domain for Sale.... Purchased for 100K in yr 2000, what's it worth? Domain Appraisals 3
R post your latest domain registered/purchased domains General Indian Domain Name Discussion 12
ekal Rediff about to be Purchased by Google or Yahoo? Indian Websites and Start-ups 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy gets a patent for suggesting a domain name from digital image metadata Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !! : Harman Singh on profitable domain investing using digital marketing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Contrib is the new kid in town: Earn, Buy, Win in premium digital URL assets Registrars 1
Prashant Sharan China's Global Digital Summit Returns to Xiamen Resources 0
JulienJ LEADING DIGITAL MEDIA EXPERTS RETURN TO NYC FOR NAMESUMMIT 2018 Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Loveable Digital Kittens Are Clogging Ethereum Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 Future of Digital Currency May Not Involve Blockchains Cryptocurrencies 1
domainking131 Blockchain Technology Will Enable Accountability in Digital Advertising Cryptocurrencies 0
A Do you think that digital payments are enough to make India go cashless? Cryptocurrencies 1
domainking131 NameSummit Digital Branding Conference: NYC August 7-8 The Lounge 0
anquest The 11th India Digital Summit | New Delhi | Feb 8-9, 2017 + 7th India Digital Awards + GALA Night Indian Websites and Start-ups 0
anquest Digital Marketers' Awards 2016 | The Taj Lands End / Mumbai | Thu, Dec 15 | Co-Located: #DoTheMobile Indian Websites and Start-ups 0
domainking131 Top 10 Digital Branding & Marketing Trends for 2017 Marketing Your Website 3
Ace Blog post on Digital India/Make in India/NIXI/ InRegistry's Social Media Campaign General Indian Domain Name Discussion 8
G Digital Marketing Roundtable, Cocktails + Dinner / The 'Windsor Manor' Hotel, BLR | Tue, May 10th Business and Economy 0
anquest The 10th India Digital Summit | The Lalit, New Delhi | FEB 9 - 10 | STARTUP Exhibitor Fee >> INR 500 Business and Economy 0
anquest Digital Money 2015 | The Taj Lands End, Mumbai | TUE, OCT 13 | Execs fr. RBI, PayTM, PayPal Speaking Business and Economy 0
domainking131 Digital.NYC celebrates more than 1 mn visits New GTLDs 0
I Digital India.in For Sale For Sale 0
K b2b.digital & b2b.ventures Domain Appraisals 1
domainking131 Facebook Surpasses Google as top Referrer for Digital Publishers Webmaster Forum 2
anquest ‘The 9th India Digital Summit' | The Lalit Hotel, New Delhi | JAN 14 – 15, 2015 The Lounge 0
CyberKing Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos to put India through digital revolution (compiled news) The Lounge 0
domainking131 The first .Cymru and .wales website go live today: A digital history in Wales New GTLDs 0
CyberKing Digital India plan to get more expensive; cost likely to jump nearly 40% The Lounge 0
anquest The DN Journal Weekly TOP 20 Sales | Top SALE / Top .COM: Digital.com $373,750 Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com Big Sale of Digital.com Tops New DNJ Sales Chart + .DE Domains & 3-Letter .Coms Soar The Lounge 0
domainking131 New gTLDs Weekly reviews: .Audio, .Digital .Finance, .Credit, .Cologne, .Koeln New GTLDs 0
CyberKing Govt Approves Rs 1L Crore For Digital India Project - What if any is the impact 4 .IN General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
indy Digital India - March 2104 stats The Lounge 0
the_poet New digital currency launched on a .IN domain (hack) Cryptocurrencies 1
W India & The Future for Digital Generations, That's You. Because YOU bothered to Look General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
S Digital Services dot in For Sale 2
Ceres Digital Media in India General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
Ceres INDRP: Broadcom Challenges "Digital Broadcom" Domain & Trademark Legal Issues and Dispute 1
D From the Office of 'President of India' >> DIGITAL INDIA General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
Prashant Sharan .black gTLD registrations have grown since George Floyd's killing New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan CSC moves from a new gTLD to .com Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Google Registry will launch its .meet gTLD with a sunrise period for trademark owners New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !! : Adrian Kinderis on his history in the business and his new GTLD .film Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Musician Future goes viral with new gTLD Music hunt New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Unpublished new gTLD domain sales revealed by Donuts New GTLDs 0