Why I Purchased a New .Digital gTLD Domain

IT.com

JulienJ

Earlier this year I created a new company called Cars Digital Inc., a marketing company which specializes in advertising for used car dealers. As soon as I had realized that a new gTLD “.digital” domain name was available, I checked to see if “Cars.Digital” was already taken – and saw that it indeed was, so there was really nothing I could do about that and moved on with my daily routine. I had already registered the corporation and secured the .com domain name www.carsdigital.com so I was all set.

I gave it little more thought.
However, not long thereafter, I was solicited by the owner of the domain www.Cars.Digital and I declined an offer of $7,000.00 to purchase the domain name. I simply told the seller that it was not worth that much to me and I did not feel that it was that important to have. Not worth $7,000.00 for sure.

After several attempts to convince me of the need to have it, I continued to explain that I did not feel that the Domain was important to the businesses overall success and he was very likely to be sitting on the name for years; that it was more of a vanity play on the name and I countered with a couple of hundred dollars to relieve him of the reg fee – three times reg fee.

The owner replied with the usual explanations of how sure he was of the value and that it was critically important to my business and that I should purchase it at all costs, however, he was willing to substantially lower the price several thousand dollars so that I could purchase it.

This back and forth actually went on sporadically for months until I eventually purchased the domain for just $250.00 regardless of the sellers near guarantee that each counter was his final counter.

Read the complete article here

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom