who mooved my pool?

IT.com
hello,
i have just hit the web some days back after getting some free time and have been trying to visit my old-time favourite sites.

this is just when i remembered about pool.com the favourite drop-catch list feeder for me, i dont pay them actually..! but their list of dropping domains makes a whole lot of work easier and saves time when i drop-catch domains myself!OOPs :eek:!

but since i tried to visit pool.com they are not opening... im using BSNL internet ISP.. well i think they have banned our country or so :confused:

i dont know why their site doesnt open in my browser, but i wasnt giving up so easily.. i tried hidemyass.com and got the list from pool. but the question is who mooved my pool? i mean why isnt it opening directly in my browser? have they banned our ip or have our isp's banned thier ips ;)
i think somebody must contact them and get me a good response about what actually happened behind the scenes.. ya! who mooved my pool?..away from my browser!:p

regards,
Abhishek

you were right! its listed in spamhaus PBL list, but dont they know that it is an IP of an ISP and not an individual person's owned static IP address or of a hosting company's server ip that could be fined for spam emails or so. here in india 90% people have dynamic ips and the same ip's are rotated to various end-user's machines, so its likely to cause suspicion.

i have sent them a response in this issue.

regards,
Abhishek

help needed

hey ceres,
here is another problem, the PBL FAQ says:

Help! My IP address is on the PBL! What should I do?

Nothing, in most cases. Read through this FAQ for further explanations.

The first thing to know is: THE PBL IS NOT A BLACKLIST. You are not listed for spamming or for anything you have done. The PBL is simply a list of all of the world's dynamic IP space, i.e: IP ranges normally assigned to dialup and broadband ISP customers (DSL, DHCP, PPP, cable, dialup). It is perfectly normal for dynamic IP addresses to be listed on the PBL. In fact all dynamic IP addresses in the world should be on the PBL. Even static IPs which should not send mail may be listed in the PBL.

Who should NOT remove their IP address from the PBL?

Most people should not remove their IP address from the PBL.

If you are a home user and you connect to the Internet with cable, DSL, wireless, satellite or dial-up access, you should not remove your IP. No matter how long your service contract, nearly all home-use "PPP" or "DHCP" leases are not static, but can change at any time. Remember, you are only leasing such an IP for a short time, at most a few months but often only hours or days, so removing it exposes not only flaws in your system, but spam-sending flaws in all the subsequent users of that IP after your DHCP lease expires.

THEY(SPAMHAUS) DON'T REALIZE THAT BECAUSE OF THEIR OWN STUPIDITY... IM NOT ABLE TO OPEN POOL.com LIKE WEBSITES! WHAT SHOULD I SAY TO SPAMHAUS NOW?

Abhishek,
Sorry to hear about the whole episode - and the problem you face. Well to begin with - I would suggest
a. Cool down. spamhaus doesn't read this forum - we do, so yelling at them in big fonts makes no difference to them, but it does to us :)
b. You may try using proxy - that way ISP block won't come into picture - I often use Google Language Tools (Translate URL) to work as a proxy for me and visit sites that are often blocked!

good luck!

What happens if you ping Pool.com?

i tried this from DOS shell @ Start>RUN>cmd
---------------------------
c:\>ping pool.com
Ping request could not find host pool.com. Please check the name and try again.
c:\>_
--------------------------

thanks jeff,
but what should i do now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try to browse it by IP address pool.com --> 66.6.53.2
Ping IP -> 66.6.53.2
Tracert 66.6.53.2 to see where does it get stuck
c:\>ipconfig /flushdns (to remove all entries)
Clean your cache and finally if nothing works change your ISP ... :)

hello pubdomains,
i got some shocking observations:
1>when i open pool.com from firefox, it says -- 'Server not found. Firefox can't find the server at pool[.]com'
2>when i open 66.6.53.2 in firefox then it opens pool.com properly and very nicely! i can do anything properly on the site...no doubt!
3>when i ping 66.6.53.2 it says 'Request timed out!' and packets lost!
4>when i did traceroute of 66.6.53.2 it says 'Request timed out!' for all hops from hop 1 to hop 30..

you maybe right! to change the ISP but i dont know why they open the ip 66.6.53.2 properly as pool.com website in my firefox but do a request timed out on all other pings, traceroutes to the same ip and shows 'server not found' when i see pool.com on firefox directly.. man my isp called BSNL is pretty confusing regarding what it does ;)

but im happy to open blocked sites by their ip directly on my browser! XD

regards,
Abhishek

This doesn't appear to be a blocked site issue at all - but an issue with DNS service on your box. Did you run ipconfig /flushdns ?

Also - if you can't ping the IP and can browse the site - I am totally lost on this one .. typically you can browse only if you can ping.

tracert would have helped us to locate where does the buck stop -- unfortunately your machine / some tool or something on your box is preventing you and I wouldn't blame the ISP at this stage.

Perhaps a winsock fix can help you - or enjoy browsing using IP address
btw - you can enter the IP address in hosts file and still visit the site by typing http:(//www-pool-com in address bar ;) a small trick to avoid delay / latency of DNS servers and going straight to the site - try them and have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom