Who Is Going to NamesCon?

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
I just bought my tickets to NamesCon last week - is anyone else from here going?

Yep I'll be there Jeff!

Going to Affiliate Summit prior to it as well.

Lets definitely connect!

I'm not going, but I'm glad to hear that INF will have a representation there. When will the conference be held?

Great Michael - we'll have to connect.

Will definitely have to meet up Michael - you've got some big time fans here that anxiously await for each one of your Monday podcasts (myself included).

Would love to get your thoughts on which direction the ccTLD's will be going with the release of the new gTLD's and whether there is a correlation between the two? - thats one of my biggest questions at this show!

My personal feeling is that since most people (Indian's included) only care about .com's they are not so aware about the alternatives. With the release of new gTLD's, maybe the awareness about alternate extensions is promoted enough that people (Indians) start realizing there is life beyond .com. Waiting for the day when Indian Businesses start seeing the value of generic and category killer .in domains.

If you look at Germany, China, Australia - they are all very proud of their extensions which is evident by the advertisements you see in these countries. IMO, India does not have that same bond with the .in extension as some of these more developed countries do.

example:
cameras.in - value $8,500
cameras.de - value $23,000

With over 1B strong, and infrastructure improving, my hope is that Indians start to understand the value of .in domains and begin utilizing the .in extension more efficiently.

I just wanted to bump this thread as the conference is starting Monday...

It was a real pleasure to finally meet you Jeff - the show was a blast....learned a ton about the new gTLD's coming out.... and like it or not.... they're coming out!!!

.shop
.club
.xyz
.website
.space
.sexy
.whatever.....

So if you are thinking about launching a TLD - this is the best time to do so while it is still in its infancy! Had some great speakers talking about valuating, buying selling domains etc... and Jeff and I even managed to make a few friends there ;)

friends.jpg

FYI, I will be in Kolkata and New Delhi from Jan 24 - Feb 3. Would love to meet some domainers from this forum if anyone's from around there.

Best,

indy

It was a pleasure meeting you indy! It makes a big difference to meet members in person, rather than just virtually.

The conference overall was fantastic, and I'll be going back next year.

Now, I need to catch up on some sleep...

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom